24

Taehyung's POV

The attendant keeps the white box on the glass counter and slides slowly to me. "Here is your customized design, Sir," he says and I look at the accessory inside the box, moving my hand forward to pull it out.

"The stone is rose quartz and the body of the ring is made with pure platinum. This is one of the finest cuts of quartz and the metal is expensive as well," he says and I turn to give him a cold stare. "Did I ask about the price?"

His eyes widen and he bows in apology. I roll my eyes back to the item in my hand and a smile forms on my lips, imagining Y/n's ring finger wearing it. It's not an engagement ring for sure but more like a promise ring.

But I hope that she understands the meaning of it. 

I walk out of the store with the box in my hand and sigh, looking at my watch. Jimin said not to enter the mansion until 7 PM and I still have 2 hours to spare. 

I smile knowing that Jimin really has been with me for the longest time, preparing for my birthdays and staying with me even though I practically do not do anything for him. I am thankful to Jimin for being my best friend. I am thankful to Jimin for bringing Y/n into my life too. 

I want Y/n close to me always.

I smile at the ring box but a phone call interrupts me from my moment and I frown, taking it out of my pocket. I groan in frustration and answer the call, pressing the phone close to my ear. "What?"

"Have you seen the School's Message board for students?" Freddy asks over the line. I blink several times. "Why would I?" I ask him in confusion.

"I think, you should check," he says and hangs up before I could question any further. "What is it?" I mumble but open the social media app and slowly move to the school message board. There's a message that was posted an hour ago but has about 10k likes and over 2k comments already.

But my breath hitches when I see the picture. Y/n holding a guy's hand inside a cake shop while smiling brightly with the caption, "Guys, I was here at the bakery, and guess what I saw? Senior Kim Taehyung's girlfriend Park Y/n, hugging and kissing this bakery owner. They were smiling so brightly." 

I clenched my jaws but shut my eyes, sighing. I trust Y/n. She won't do this. 

I didn't even bother to look at the comments anymore. I narrowed my eyes and looked at the picture. This place looks familiar. Wait! This bakery is opposite this Tiffany&Co. store. I can just ask the owner myself.

I quickly rush out and stand across the street. I can see the shop. I smile and look at the picture on my phone screen. It's the same bakery. I walk towards the crossing and wait for the lights to turn green so that I can cross. 

My eyes are on the bakery but then they widen and my breath hitches when Y/n walks out of the bakery with the same guy. She's still here. I scoff, fisting my hands and shaking my head in disbelief. He might be her friend. Just a friend.

I open my eyes but the sight makes my blood boil. He hugs her and caresses her back and she smiles back at him, wrapping her arms behind his back. I dig my nails in my palm, holding the bag in my hand. 

The crowd starts moving forward, crossing the road, meaning that the signal is green now but the red liquid spilling from my palms certainly contradicts me as if stopping me to go there. I grit my teeth, eyes burning in rage, heart thudding in my chest, and I turn back and walk away from the street, turning to the parking area. I stride towards the parking area with millions of thoughts in my mind. 

She can date anyone she wants.

But she said that she loves me.

But I don't love her back.

Then why am I getting jealous and angry at her?

Did she finally get someone better than me? That guy?

But she just spent her night with me yesterday. 

She confessed how much she loves me while we were fucking.

Oh right! 

This was always fucking, to begin with.

She is getting all the luxuries and attention by being beside me. So she's letting me use her body in return.

I chuckle at my thoughts when I sit inside the driver's seat, "It's all fake love." I say with a bitter chuckle and start my engine, knowing where to go next right now.

--------------------------

Y/n's POV

I break the hug and look at the guy in front of me. "Thanks for supporting my brother. What I did was nothing compared to that. I just helped you to bake." He says until we hear a car horn. I turn around and saw Jungkook getting out of a cab.

"Enough, Hyung. You hugged her enough. I got us a cab," Jungkook says and he chuckles but releases his grip from me. "She's like a little sister to me. I had a bro and now I have a sis. She worked so hard to bake the cake for her boyfriend—"

"Yeah! Yeah! I know. I'm here to take it! We don't have time, cutie!" Jungkook says and enters his brother's bakery, hurriedly. I smile at him. "Thanks for helping me bake the cake for Taehyung." He chuckles and ruffles my hair.

"Y/n! Open the fucking door! Shit! What did you bake? This is so heavy!" Jungkook screams, getting out of the bakery and I quickly scurry over to open the door for him to keep it inside. "Jungkook, handle it carefully! Y/n worked hard!" His brother yells and Jungkook groans, "I know! Don't teach me. I can fuck Jimin on a wall without dropping him. This few pounds of cake won't fall!"'

I cringe at his words and look at his brother who has the same expression on his face. The cab driver, mirroring our expression. I sigh, shaking my head, and bow to him. "Thank you, Junghyun." He shakes his head with a small smile but motions me to walk to the cab and I do.

I get inside the cab and the close the door, waving at his brother who waves back. Jungkook looks at me and smiles,

"Taehyung is going to have the best party ever!"

****************

Jungkook as the best friend>>>>>>

Also, it takes a minute to do this. So follow the steps. Go to Google, search "Meaning of Rose quartz"

Don't be lazy. Come on. Do it~