26

Jungkook's pov

My heart thumbed in my rib cage , it felt as if any second it will leap out from there, pulling all the contrited filled vessels with it. The rush of adrenaline was accentaute to my ears, as I refused to answer his question.

He trembled in my silence, his lips inbetween his callous teeth as they didn't show any mercy while torchering the soft skin. The blood splashes out from the minuscule blemish, coloured deep scarlet just like the flames we were surrounded by, his face again scoots closer to my chest as he snuggled more into it while his hands were holding tightly on me.

There was a hint of vulnerability radaiting from him that pretty much put me on the edge. The hot flames have always felt nothing to my skin but today, I felt hot. I don't know whether it was because of these flames or the rising conflict within myself or better just because of a certain male in my arms. His eyes painstakingly swirled with hope, that was triggering my very every string of heart to drag him out more quickly.

He coughed hysterically on my chest, vibrating me a little in the process as he proceed to look at me, "W-What should w-we do? "

"If you are okay with it, I suggest you to wait here till I get the snow sword with me. It can help you to cross over!" I suggests tentatively, though it was the only plan that can help him get away from here. He pauses a little, his hands subconsciously tightening on my becips before he nods too meekly, "Y-You will co-come back, r-right!"

Eventhough his eyes were telling a different story, their was a hint of doubt in the reccesses of his prior statement.

I nod my head a way too faster, disliking a bit of impugn lingering behind the said statement. He hesitantly unwraps his noddle arms around me, before palming his eyes with his hands. I inhale a deep breath before sprinting away, my legs almost galloping in the air.

My hands quickly wrenched the sword away, as I retrieved from the small cottage. This time I don't use my magic to pass through the large flames but the sword, it perplexes me how immedaitely it has already started demonstrating it's potent power.

I felt bile accumulating at the bottom of my buccal, the sight twisting my heart in a painful beat as I hurried my steps, albeit the nearer I get, the more throbbing sensation I felt.

Taehyung has already dropped on his knees, his small body curling into a ball. My heart beated erratically, the sudden fear crushing over me felt exotic; almost unknown, but it still weights me down in so far that it suffocates–––

––suffocates to breath and what was  more ironical than this was: I grew up playing with these flames, their toxic nature has already been consumed by my immune. No way they can induce fear in me, on top of that get me breathless.

This feeling nudges my every fibre of existence, though it couldn't stop me from picking up the dark king in my embrace as I helped both of us out of the moat. He was half unconscious, his body completely motionless and numb, though he still manages to level up his head close to my chest to prevent his eyes get blind.

It relieves me to a great extent as I brought him clandestinely back to my room. Gingerly, I lied him on my soft bed before dropping the intensity of light in the room, it was musingly the first time that I have seen my room dim and colourless.

Though this was a topic of debate, but I low-key didn't actually hate the texture that my room turned out to be. It actually felt serene, and calm. A perfect location to chill out or better to sleep.