61

🔹🔸🔹

Jungkook's pov

Guilt rushed inside me when I recapped his hopeless teary eyes, my eyes gazing up at the shiny moon that looked back at me. I was always a night gazer, the stars and moon have always fascinated me to the extent I had sneaked out most of the time to visit the boundary between dark kingdom and light kingdom to watch it. Our kingdom rarely faces night, it was always guarded by the sole blazing sun.

"I am s-sorry, baby. I can't be with you! " I stammered out, my lips found their place between my callous sharp canines as I torture them relentlessly. I wonder if he was feeling the same restless feeling that I was feeling currently, my heart bubbling with the pure intentions of picking him up gently and protecting him against this whole world. But wasn't this ironical that I was the one who might have hurted him the most right now.

I gulped when I felt the shiny ball in the sky mocking me, taunting me vividly of how much of a coward I was. It looks unusually grim to me, the awful clement ambience terrifying me. Everything reminds me of him, the silence felt strangly resonating his sobs which I heard before I left my room. Even with my eyes as dry as Sahara, my heart was weeping while wailing againt me. I was having warring feeling againt myself,

'I shouldn't have left him alone atleast!', I thought deeply, remorse quickly filling my viens as I sighed wearily.

"Should I go back and console him? " I talked with myself but quickly shook my thoughts when a certain memory recapped in my mind,

"No I shouldn't, what if I instead confess my feelings to him?" I countered instantly, my heart clenching agonizingly at my hapless situation.

"I wish I should have confessed you before..." I gazed back at the shiny ball that was peeking out from behind the blanket of clouds, "...before my conversation with dad today! "

I stiffned momentarily when I recalled our talk, bile rising up-to my throat at the realization,

"Even if you want, you both can't end up together, son! ", I reminenced my father's words, the remark stinging my heart into slow torturous pain. This was pure agony___you love someone, luckily that one reciprocates it too but still you were meant to stay away from each other.

We weren't meant for each other. No doubt it was devastating, but also painstakingly tru that needs to be accepted. I just wish I would have got to know about this after taehyung's confession, At least I would have confessed my feeling too before departing from him.

Flashback

The second taehyung leaves the room, I quickly hugged my father who patted my back, his benovalent smile creeping back on his pale face.

"I am okay, son! I am feeling pretty much vigour now" My father spoke out as I detached from the hug,

"Who cured me by the way? "

"Taehyung!" I said without realizing I called him with his name, my father knitted his brows into a frown. Confusion plastering his face,

"Who! "

"Oh! Dark king! " I quickly corrected myself, unknowingly a smile crept on my face when I imagined his cute face.