38

🔹🔸🔹

Jungkook's pov

I gazed over the colossal dangeun, the ultimate abode for sinners before their punishment. It didn't only touch the heights of sky but the depth of earth too, a testament of how many have transgressed the morality of world. I don't know whether it is a thing to worry, or to be relaxed upon knowing that we are legelled to knock the door of justice anytime.

The armored guards stood vigilent and alarmed at the entryway, my prominent smell sending there head towards me. I strolled toward them, my stance relaxed and calm.

They quickly bow to which I reciprocate, a smile quickly adorning their face.

"We are pleased to meet you, light prince. How can we help you?" One of the guard spoke out, his eyes peering into mine

"Pleasure is all mine! I have to meet dark king who is held hostage here!" I nods, their eyes suddenly looking hesitant, a sign escaping their lips.

"Light prince, we all know that no one is allowed to meet the prisoners in their custody, we are afaird to say but we can't help you in this! " The guard states, I smile at the sincerity they show toward their work.

"I know but I am from victim's family. I have to get some essential information from him. And I mean no threat to anybody here!" I tried again, their eyes quickly flickered to each other as if they were seeking each other opines whether to let me in or not.

They nod tentatively, still a little reluctant over the idea. Never the less one of them escorted me towards the mentioned cell, a decent sized compartment with few necessarities and though their wall is ample strong to not break through, but for extra prevention, they are all warped with incrackable magic.

Nobody can pass through that, so almost every attempt of running away is fruitless in this dangeun.

"His mother has also visited several times, but we didn't allowed her knowing she can scoop to any level to get him away from here."

"Oh! " I wasn't surprised by the extra information, this was totally expected from dark queen or maybe, a mother here.

"Why did you let me in then? " I ask suggestively, he chuckles before looking at me

"I think you already provided one solid reason for that, aside from that we trust you. You won't do anything that can potentially harm anybody!" I was left perplexed by the remark, his words resonating around my mind.

Am I really this trustworthy or it is just a popular belief?

He smiles before halting at a particular cell, a weary and distressed metallic smell hit my nostrils quickly. He plunged his hand into his robe pockets, fumbling with the keys before unlocking the unbreakable lock while cueing me to enter.

"Mum___!" Taehyung stops midway when he saw me, his eyes widening, face contorting into musing expression.

I know he didn't expected me here. Well, I didn't expected him to be looking this drained out either.

His stance was shouting exhaustion, his black sunken eyes bearing dark circles, mouth agape with touseled hair that were pointing at every direction.