45

🔹🔸🔹

Jungkook's pov

I gulped when my eyes fall on the narrow opening of the irregular cave. The darkness welcoming us with excitement, which induces fear in my blood that rushed beneath my goosebumped skin.

No, I wasn't claustrophobic but I fear the darkness that resides inside. Since childhood I have been under light, and being trapped in vast darkness was one of my biggest and only nightmare.

I have had this innate hatred for caves that lasts till now, my eyes seek light everywhere and even with my several visits over dark kingdom, I make sure I had some shimmer falling over them.

Even with my magic eye contacts on, I felt nervousness overpowering me. The thought to venture into a unchartened narrow muddy lane of cave that might reach into absolute nothing fears me, not to forget the creepy darkness that envelops it prevalently.

(found on Google)

(found on Google)

My eyes again seek Taehyung who stands nonchalant beside me, his pupils dilated with hope and excitement.

Atleast, I am not alone in it!

"Aren't you... kinda ah, scared! " I tentatively asked, my insides already knew the answer, but I couldn't stop my mouth from spelling the words. He looked surprised before chuckling delightfully.

"Why should I be? This is the place I live in, excluding the fact it is cruddy and narrow. There is nothing to fear about.... " He elatingly replied, his eyes suddenly turning to me, "....and you also shouldn't. I am with you! "

His smile quickly stretched on his sharp features, my heart thumbed at the attention, the concern that laced his words. It tingles my insides into carelessness, to just give in knowing he backs me up.

I nodded stiffly, his eyes went back to front before he lead the path. My stomach churned again with anxiety, as I scooted closer behind him.

"Don't worry! You have emperor of this realm with you, this shit won't be able to do anything to you. It works for me, and..... " He paused before looking at me over his lean shoulders,

"....and I am working with you! " He grinned before increasing his pace, I chuckled in ease, following him closely after.

"Do you think we are going on the right path? " I inquired, he shrugged in return. His eyes wandering to every corner of the cave.

"By far, we have only found one cave which looks similar to what Bogum have shown me. Narrow...muddy, exactly what we were searching for! " He responded, I nodded to no one. My eyes diverting to the walls of cave where some weird pictures were engraved, the spider webs guarding them around. I even have a good eye contact with some bats, there little glowy eyes surveying me.