54

🔹🔸🔹

Taehyung's pov

I dismounted from my pet, petting his fur while my eyes traced to somewhere else. A sudden sombre feeling cluthing my heart into disatisfaction, a void feeling bubbling out of nowhere. I signed deeply, darting my eyes back to the wolfie who growled softly at me.

I chuckles when the growl resonates with deep assurance, a sence of sadness lingering in it.

"I am fine, yaah!" I whispered while carrassing his hair. He nodded meekly, though his eyes remain unconvinced.

I put my sunglasses back, my feet feebly walking toward the light palace's entrance.

This was the first time in years I have visited a place without my mummy. No doubt we were quite complicated with expressing feeling for each other____she being always stoic and reserved, while I really never tried to get into her personal things.

But there were times when emotions spoke for us, like the time when I was falsely accused of killing Bogum. My mother was the only one who believed me from the initial to end.

Apart from these rare bursts of motherly love from her, she was overall a good companion for advices.
We seldomly have a conversation or even meet each other even though we both live under the same roof, but the reassurance that she was somewhere in the dark palace and you can reach for her anytime was what soothes me, or maybe her too.

But now she being away from me for about more than two weeks really took a toll over me, and what was more frustrating was that we were yet to find the spell stick.

I suspire as much as I could, gleaming at the fact that I would meet jungkook today after almost two weeks. I looked over the two royal light guards beside either of the entrance of the cathedral. There eyes were fixed on me, before they both bowed to which I nod curtly.

"Welcome dark king!" One of them voiced out, pushing the opening for me. I didn't really felt the need to acknowledge, my hands lifting my lace robe as I waddled inside.

Fuck, this dress is heavy than I thought. 

The door behind me slide shut, my ears abruptly getting hit by the blasting music that was being played. I looked over the swarm of creatures, some swaying with the melody, some huddled at the beer sections, some just lining around inspecting everything. As I walked inside, there eyes quickly followed me.

This was the first time when I didn't feel joyful about being the cynosure, I just really want to just occupy a silent remote corner and stand there till this function was over.

But to my dismay, I met eyes with some close camaraderies which soon wobbled toward me through the nestling creatures. I sighed wearily, preparing myself for the much unused conversation.

I was already hating being here! And this was just a start of the function.

Talking about that, fire prince or specifically Jimin will be coronated as official king of fire kingdom today. This was somehow against notions because this was not the right time he should be coronated knowing his parents were all well and healthy.

But then again, who cares?

"It is a pleasure to meet you, dark king. Did you forget me again?" I rolled my eyes at Do-yun, he clucked his tougne before grinning.