81

🔹🔸🔹

Jungkook's pov

My plan was simple, no tangled up crap that could make it nearly impossible. But now with the thing that wraps my half of the face, this task looks....almost looks impossible.

The masquerade!

I diverted my eyes back to the mirror, my reflection wavering when I rocked a little aside. My face almost concealed with the face mask that unfortunately I have to bear for the rest of the day.

The plan would have consisted to search for the unknown women...well in the grand festival happening today. We were yet to know her intentions, but there has to be something that makes her do all this. And having such a festival arranged where all creatures would gather, she probably won't miss this golden chance to accomplish her whatever aim.

But now with this dangling close to garment masquerade hiding everyone's face, it was obviously very ardouse to locate that women.

My stomach sank at the thought only, my heart clenching with downcast feelings.

"Everything will go in our favor!" I tried encouraging myself, but the words seem bouncing back from my resolved heart that has to be inundated with ominous feelings.

I can only rely on tad bit of hope that ignites at the recess of my core, it's twinkling intensity soothing me gradually.

Training my listless eyes forward, I treaded past the door of the ornated room. Swiftly, soft melodies drummed my ear drums. Different creatures loomed around, lingering here and there; some with accentuate vexation while others with pure amusement.

Nodding my head at the series of  welcoming bowing from the creatures, I focused my eyes only for a sole purpose: Taehyung.

"Where is he? Don't tell me he is again late! " I grudged internally at my own words, smiling tiresomely at one of the acquaintance who waved back at me.

Albeit with all the muddled up responsibily over my shoulders, I couldn't help but roam my stupefied eyes around at the scene disclosing infront of me. The stark blatent representation of joining forces, the powerful elements of nature.

Shadow and light!

I smiled unknowingly when I knew whose idea this could be of. Musingly, the elated audience roared with cheers, their hands clapping with each other.

The dark shadow danced along the rays of shine, emblishing the whole perimeter with whimsical dreamy view.

Knowing clearly taehyung was behind this idea, my heart bloomed with happiness. My eyes trailing around as I looked past everyone to get a glimpse of him.

"Ugh where are you? " I grumbled while clapping when the inanimate forces stopped dancing. The dark shadow engulfing the light while annihilating itself along.

It was clearly conveying the message of balance between the two, the importance of both elements in our lives. It was never light vs darkness, rather light and darkness.

My lips curved up at the sound of words I utter out in my heart: light and darkness. My eyes sparkled ecstaticly, the words leaving a honey like taste on my tougne.