C22. The Duke's Heir Breaks Cao Xun's Scabbard.

Chapter 22

  Being reserved can sometimes be uncontrollable.

The difference in physical strength caused Yunzhu to lose further. Cao Xun wiped himself down with a towel before returning to bed, while Yunzhu remained lying limply on the bed. Due to the heat, she haphazardly covered the important parts with a section of the quilt. Her delicate white arms were loosely resting on the brocade quilt, and most of her equally white legs were exposed from under the quilt. She eagerly enjoyed the light breeze as Cao Xun walked over.

Cao Xun, clad in only trousers, sat beside her with a tea bowl in hand and asked with a smile, "How do you drink it?"

Yunzhu didn't have the strength to even glare at him. "Feed me," she mumbled.

Cao Xun moved closer, supporting her head with one hand as he brought the tea bowl to her lips with the other.

Yunzhu drank half a bowl in succession, the cool water soothing her dry throat. When Cao Xun went to set down the tea bowl, Yunzhu hugged the quilt and moved to the edge of the bed.

For more than half an hour, they had been frolicking inside, and it was still very refreshing in the room.

Cao Xun took the pastel basin that the young lady had brought with her and went out. He quickly returned with a basin of clean water, placing it directly on the floor by the bed and opening the gauze curtain.

Yunzhu was so delighted that she had asked this man to serve her. When she saw that Cao Xun had picked up her arm first, she said in disgust, "Wipe my face first."

Cao Xun glimpsed at her disheveled long hair piled on the pillow and suggested, "Sit up. It's more convenient."

Yunzhu considered for a moment, then wrapped the extra quilt around her waist and sat up, holding another blanket to her chest.

Cao Xun smiled. "It's not like I haven't seen your body before."

The light of day was much brighter than the red candles at night. The new house was adorned with red gauze and red mattresses, and she resembled a ball of warm snow.

Yunzhu did not want to speak.

Cao Xun wiped her face and pushed away her long hair, carefully cleaning the back of her neck and shoulders.

Yunzhu gazed at his arms, not as thick as her brother's but still powerful. Suddenly, she hugged him, found a spot, and bit down hard.

Cao Xun stiffened, looking down at her, wondering what had made this girl so furious.

Yunzhu gritted her teeth so hard that she let go, leaving a circle of blood on Cao Xun's right arm.

He had indeed experienced many life-and-death situations on the battlefield and had endured countless injuries, big and small, but that did not mean that he couldn't feel pain and laugh off such bloody injuries.

As the man's expression darkened, the biting girl hurled herself into his arms, hitting him with one hand while seeking another place to bite.

Cao Xun raised her face and saw that she was huffing and puffing, her freshly wiped cheeks still flushed.

With such a beautiful demeanor, the unhappiness in Cao Xun's eyes quietly dissipated, and he asked helplessly, "Why did you bite me?"

Yunzhu retorted, "Who told you to make me lose my dignity?"

Cao Xun was about to ask more questions when he noticed her even redder face, and he suddenly recollected her series of broken voices, likely overheard by the maids outside.