C50. Bridge Too Far.

Chapter 50

Yunzhu spent the night at her parents' residence, leaving Cao Xun to return home alone.

Sun Yurong's young, unmarried daughter was not the only one curious about whether Li Yao and Gu Min's marriage had been consummated successfully. As Yunzhu, her sister-in-law, was also quite intrigued. It seemed only natural for her to stay and witness the traditional tea-serving ceremony for the bride.

The following morning, Yunzhu arrived at her parents' main courtyard, where the married couple Li Yong and Meng were engaged in quiet conversation. Shortly after, their son Li Xian joined them.

Meng observed her daughter, and in turn, Yunzhu surveyed her mother. Both women were concerned for Gu Min, though they held back from expressing it aloud at that moment.

The household maid at the door announced the arrival of the heir and the young lady, captivating the attention of Yunzhu.

As the door darkened with the presence of the bride and groom, Gu Min blushed at the sight of her worried mother-in-law and sister-in-law. Nevertheless, this reaction was expected during the tea ceremony and did not raise any concerns.

Once she saw that her daughter-in-law appeared composed and unharmed, Meng felt a sense of relief.

At her son's birth, he and his siblings had been of equal weight. Who could have predicted that he would grow into such a robust young man, capable of causing worry within the household? After much consideration, Meng devised a specific set of guidelines and instructed her husband to record them, ensuring their son would remember them in order to ease his bride's transition.

Gu Min then served tea to her in-laws, finding Li Yong's gentle countenance and Meng's loving demeanor to be welcoming.

Following this, it was Yunzhu and Li Xian's turn to address Gu Min as their sister-in-law and offer her tea.

Yunzhu's friendly demeanor caused Gu Min to blush once more.

After the evening meal, while her elder brother remained with their parents, Yunzhu eagerly led her sensitive sister-in-law to her room.

Sitting beside her on the bed, Yunzhu whispered softly, "How is he treating you, sister? Is he being kind?"

Gu Min bowed her head and turned to the side, her ears turning red as she hummed nonchalantly.

Yunzhu was incredulous. "Really? When my brother is hungry, he eats meat with his hands. The bond between a man and a woman is stronger than hunger. How could he hold back?"

Gu Min's voice was as quiet as a whisper. "He may not be gentle, but he is willing to listen to me. I remembered your advice and didn't blindly endure it."

The previous night, Yunzhu had urged her to express her emotions and not suppress them with Li Yao.

Gu Min began to cry, and whenever she did, Li Yao would stop. The towering man glared at her angrily, wanting to scold her but unable to get angry, which almost made her laugh. Ultimately, their interactions were sporadic. It was only after hearing Li Yao complain later that Gu Min realized he had held back 50% and not acted upon it.

Gu Min felt too embarrassed to dwell on it further.

Yunzhu did not press for further details. Her brother had a good heart. As long as Gu Min was confident and courageous in dealing with him, she would not suffer. Their relationship could slowly improve over time.

After the joyous occasion at her home concluded, Yunzhu returned to the Duke's mansion.

Even though Pan shi resided in the west courtyard, she could sense Yunzhu's happiness, which caused Pan shi to feel envious and bitter.