Ala Finds Out I Lied To Her

King Brileon

The Trussells and Abramsons are in the private homes attached to the back of the palace. The rest of the people we have saved in the last two years are in the west wing of the palace. I would have never thought when we arrived here five years ago that a band of Alexin, humans, and Lirians would become rogues. I wanted peace not this. Alton and Ramsey rush to me.

"Daddy! Daddy! We missed you." Alton and Ramsey say in unison.

I pick them both up and hug them. "I missed you my boys. Are you both listening to your teachers and nannies?" I ask them.

"Yes, father we are. When, will we get to go with you to fight the bad guys? It is boring here." Ramsey and Alton ask.

I laugh, put them down and start tickling them.

"Dad please stop! I just drunk a lot of juice." Alton says. I immediately stop not wanting the marble floors soiled.

I do the same with Ramsey who is wiggling. Ramsey runs to the bathroom and so does Alton.

A few minutes later they come back to me.

"So, when do we get to go with you daddy." Ramsey and Alton ask me again.

"Boys, you have a long way to go. Remember, what I do is dangerous. I will start teaching you to defend yourself in two years okay." I tell my sons.

"Okay, dad can you eat dinner with us tonight if you don't have to go back out?" Ramsey and Alton ask me.

"Yes. I don't have to go anywhere tonight. I want you to come meet someone." I tell them eager for them to meet Ala.

"Okay, daddy." They say. I take both their hands in mine and we walk outside to meet Ala.

What I see makes the blood drain from my face.

Danica tells Ala that I am hers. Ala's face drains of color.

Shit! I have fucked up.