In Tears

Recap:

"Margaret that is not acceptable! My queen will be out of the room in mere seconds. I know her. I can't lose her again." He says.

"You're queen?! But, Brileon you broke it off with me and said you were marrying Danica." Margaret says sounding sad and my eyes widen.

*---*

I don't think I was supposed to hear that. Goodness gracious! The king is a player. My chest constricts in the vicinity of my heart and I start praying.

"Lord help me! Father I ask you to give me the strength to endure this as you have done before. Please be with me. I need you Lord. Please heal the wounds of the past and the wounds of the present. These blessings I ask in the name of Jesus. Amen!" I say.

After a few seconds my chest goes back to normal, but tears are falling down my face. Great! I am an emotional wreck! The king is a damn liar! I don't know if anything he has ever told me was the truth. Wow! He broke that poor girl on the phone's heart. Which is no better than what he did to me. I start to sob and then realize that I should be praising God that he did compare me to Danica. It shows just how much he doesn't truly care for me. It is all about sex as I suspected. It was like that ten years ago and is still the same. I pull the dove necklace I bought for myself down off the hook and put it around my neck. I know God's spirit is with me. I wear it, because God is the King of my heart.

*----*

Flashback

"Ala a note has come for you from King Brileon." Candace says smiling as she enters my room and rushes to me to hand me the note.

I do not smile, because I already suspect what this letter is going to say. Candace is a romantic and though Brileon announced his relationship with Danica on the television she still hopes he will come to his senses and return to me. I know better, King Brileon and Danica, are both self absorbed. He will not return for me. If he does it will only be for sexual reasons. I deserve more than that and will not settle for anything less than true love.

I open the envelope and pull out the letter.

Ala,

I am writing to end whatever it was we had. Though, I know, you expected this, since I announced my relationship with Danica on the television. Send the ring, and the necklace I bought you back to the address on the envelope so I can return them and get my money back. Let me know when my twins are going to be born so I can come see them. Once they are born I will send you money monthly to help you take care of them. Otherwise, do not call or contact me. I have moved on and will soon be marrying Danica.

Brileon

I drop the letter and start bawling. I have already sent his necklace and ring back to him. I had no idea he would be so cold to me though. Candace picks up the letter and reads it.

"That damn son of a bitch! He is just as unfeeling as Jared. Oh Ala. I am so sorry, so very sorry sweetheart. You don't deserve this." Candace says pulling me close and hugging me while I cry.

She starts crying too and says, "We are so silly crying over men that don't give a damn about us. Let's go shopping for those triplets of yours and while we are out we can look at all the gorgeous men. Maybe one day God will send us both the right man. Those crazy men that called us their soul mates have lost their minds. They will never have us. Come big sis. I am going to spoil you, my nephew, and nieces for once."

Flashback ended.

*---* 

We went shopping and did exactly as Candace said. I start smiling remembering that day and how Candace embarrassed me. She found her a man that day. They dated for all of two months and then she found another. Now, she is just as bad as me, with no one. She realized quickly that she was still in love with Jared. After the second guy she just gave up. She is praying for the man God made her for to come too.