On The Run

Alton's Point of View

My dad is so stupid. He is a king yes, but he is also an idiot. Danica has him wrapped around her fingers. Uncle Jared was right. He is whipped. I call Jared my uncle, because he is like an uncle to me. Dad and Jared act more like brothers than a king and his best friend.

"He suspects nothing. King Brileon is an idiot. All I have to do is give him some and he follows me around like a puppy." Danica says.

Ramsey and I look at each other. We are both frozen in place. I knew she was no good. If only I had a recorder or digital camera to catch her.

"What are you two pups doing here!" Nathan says startling us.

I do not like him at all. He like Danica makes my skin crawl.

"None of your damn business you creep!" Ramsey says.

"We are going to our rooms Nathan we don't have to answer to you. This is our father's palace..." is all I get out as he grabs me by the neck.

He grabs Ramsey by the neck with the other hand. We are both gasping for air. Ramsey stabs Nathan with a knife he pulled out of his pants, but the wound heals rapidly.

Ramsey and I look at each other with "What the hell?" expressions on our faces.

"Listen pups! I don't give a damn if this is King Brileon's place. You were eavesdropping and that pups was a mistake." Nathan says choking us. We both grab at his hand trying to pull his hands from around our throats. Dammit he is strong! Dad never got around to teaching us how to defend ourselves. He was either hunting rogues, or following Danica around like a puppy. We kick him in the legs to no avail.

"For royal pups you two sure are weak. Brileon never trained you two like he said he would. Bad for you two pups." Nathan says laughing and squeezing our necks tighter cutting off our wind.

Ramsey and I are choking.

"Danica get your stupid ass out here." Nathan says.

Danica ends the call and rushes out the room. "Nathan stop your killing them! We need them." She says and Ramsey looks at me. She brushes up against Nathan touching his penis. He releases both of us. We fall to the floor gasping for air. Ramsey gets up first and grabs me while I am still trying to breathe. He takes of running dragging me.

"Alton move your legs!" Ramsey says.

I will my legs to move and they do. Ramsey hits the wrist link dad gave him which is identical to mine. A Dodge charge pulls up. I hear Danica scream.

"See what you caused! Get them you idiot!''

We jump into the car with Ramsey in the driver seat. Ramsey starts the ignition and speeds off.

"Where are we going?" I ask him.

"To Ala who else." He replies smiling and for the first time in years I smile with joy inside.

I hear Danica and Nathan cussing. They run towards Nathan's vehicle, jump in the car, and Nathan starts the engine. He starts speeding after us then I hit my wrist link and his car kills. He jumps out the car yelling obscenities at us. Ramsey and I laugh. I thank God for getting us out of there safely. I thought we were going to die. I also thank God for Mr. Kenton. He was the one who taught Ramsey and me how to drive.