The Ultimatum

December 20th, 2055

Ala

6:15 p.m.

Brileon's uncle Lee Simone is here with two soldiers from the Navy Seals. They are in a meeting with the Intergalatic Police. Brileon called a meeting to congratulate them for their exemplary service and to celebrate the holidays with them. Their families are all here. Well that is everyone except Vanessa Ashton's estranged wife, and Lee Simone's family.

9:15 p.m.

The door bell rings. I walk to the door and look at the surveillance camera to see who it is. It is Melanie Simone and my two cousins by marriage. I open the door and they all walk in. Kaylee walks up to me and hugs me. I return her hug and she smiles. She smells of sweat and dirt. She sniffs and says, "Sorry, I smell sweaty. I didn't have time to change."

She steps away and moves further away from all of us.

"It's okay sweetie. You can go take a bath now if you want." I reply and she smiles. She moves to go take a bath and Melanie says,

"Your father wants you in uniform until the meeting upstairs is over."

Kaylee comes to an abrupt halt and Kathie opens her mouth to say something, but Melanie raises her hand. Kathie quickly shuts her mouth and I have to breathe in and out to calm my nerves. It is then that I notice how they are all dressed.

Melanie has on a black and red suit. Her purse and heels match her suit just as Kathie's does. Kathie is wearing a red suit while my youngest cousin Kaylee has on fatigues. She doesn't look happy at all to be wearing Navy fatigues. Honestly, I am not happy to see her in them. Kaylee is only 17. I have been praying she wasn't thrust into the service now seeing her in the fatigues has my pressure rising. That child does not need to be in the service at such a young age. It should ultimately have been her decision to enter the Navy not her father's. Ugh! If I could scream and not alert them to how pissed I am I would.

"Queen Ala! Ah, it is so nice to see you. Where's my great niece?" Melanie asks with a huge smile on her face. She knows that my youngest daughter Bree is asleep at this time of the night. Why did they arrive so late? Everyone else arrived before 7 pm today. I look at them once again and notice that Kaylee is the only one carrying bags. It is rather strange that Melanie and Kathie wouldn't have luggage if they are staying here for the holidays. Then, I realize that Kaylee always carries two bags when she is coming over here to stay with us.

They are going somewhere. That is quite evident. Especially, since that is the only time Melanie, and Kathie comes to see us. Kaylee comes more often, especially when Mrs. Denton comes to visit. Honestly, I see the child more with her grandmother than with her own parents. When, Kaylee turned 15, I started seeing her even less. Now, to see her dressed in Naval fatigues, while Melanie, and Kathie are dressed like models irks my nerves. That poor child has always had to buy her own clothes and work with Mrs. Denton in her shop. While Kathie started working at the age of 18.

I glare at Melanie Simone and her smile fades away.

"Are you throwing Kaylee out?!" I ask pissed. Melanie's pecan skinned face lightens as her eyes snap to mine. She frowns and for the first time since I met her I see tears rise in eyes. She looks at Kaylee who is texting on her cellphone and opens her mouth to speak.

Admiral Lee Simone walks downstairs with two of his Naval Buddies, and the Intergalatic Police Force. Well, some of them that is. Ashton, Nipty, Kent, and Monroe, left about 40 minutes ago. They went to the store to get some breakfast food for tomorrow morning.