My Grandmother Is Dying

Note: May have errors not fully edited

December 22, 2055

Shreveport, LA

9 a.m.

An important meeting came up delaying our trip to Shreveport yesterday. Grandma needed the rest anyway.

We pull up to 27687 Janna Lane. Ashton is driving the truck we are in, while Nipty is driving my grandparents. Sgt. Ford, my mom, and dad are in the other vehicle. My parents refused to stay at home. So, Ashton's brothers decided to stay with their families at my house.

My grandmother walks up to the front door of the brick home and rings the doorbell. We all get out the vehicle just as a mixed lady opens the front door.

"Mrs. Denton!" The lady exclaims as she rushes to my grandmother and hugs her.

"Rachel! It is so good to see you again." My grandmother says while returning Ms. Rachel's hug.

They step away from each other after a few minutes and Ms. Rachel says, "Hello everyone. My name is Mrs. Rachel Musso. Please come in."

We all walk in to the Musso's residence and she shuts the door.

"Rachel, who was at the door?" A tall man who the male Musso teenager looks like asks as he walks into the room we are in.

Mrs. Musso has no chance to respond when he says,

"Mrs. Denton! How are you doing my friend?"

My grandmother walks up to him and hugs him. She immediately starts weeping and I feel my heart constrict. I hate when my grandmother cries, just as I hate when my cousin Kaylee cries.

Mr. Musso rubs her back and says, "Please don't cry my friend. She is here. All is well."

"See I told you our friends were going to take good care of our grand daughter. Please calm yourself my love." My grandfather says.

My grandmother steps away from Mr. Musso, then she screams. Her body collapses and I feel all the blood drain from my face. My mom rushes to try and catch her mother, but Mr. Musso catches her first.

I hear several people running from the back of the house. Kaylee and her two friends run into the room. Kaylee has on a t-shirt and some sleeping shorts. The shorts reach her mid thighs unlike the ones her friend has on. Her friend's shorts fall just below her butt.

Kaylee's face loses all its color as she takes in the scene in front of her. She rushes to our grandmother and says, "Grandma, please not yet. Don't die on me. I am fine, please wake up."

My grandmother opens her eyes and reaches for Kaylee. "My Kay." She says and then she shrieks again.

"Grandpa when was the last time she took her medicine?" Kaylee asks our grandfather.

"Two days ago." He replies and I look at him.

"Does she have anymore?" I ask.

"No, she ran out. We tried to get her prescriptions filled, but the pharmacy ran out of the medication. They won't get any in until tomorrow." He replies.