Chapter 56

*Few Days Later*

*Y/N POV*

For the past few days Taehyung and others have been so busy, completing their paperwork, so that they barely came home for rest. Sometimes I get worried for them. It's not like I didn't ask them to rest but whenever I told them to rest, the only answer I got was that they will once they are done.

Finally yesterday night they completed their work but the thing which saddened me the most is that they have to leave right now, so for their farewell i am cooking everyone's favorite dishes.

After a few hours I was done with their meal. I come out of the kitchen to look for others. There are still voices coming from Taehyung's home office. I go to his office. I knocked before entering. "Lunch is ready" I chimed. "Okay you go, we are coming" Taehyung answered. I nodded and headed back. After a few minutes everyone came, including that Hyuna. I don't know why, but i just don't like her. She gives me negative vibes.

We take our seats and start eating. They talk about this or that while eating and almost everything was related to business. I start to get irritated. "Enough" I yelled, shutting my eyes closed, causing everyone to look at me. "Aren't you all done with your work?" I asked, controlling my anger. "Yes we are" Jimin answered. "Then why am I still hearing about work on the dining table?" I questioned with a frown.

"It's Just-" "No more business talk on the dining table" I cut Taehyung. Boys take a deep sigh while shrugging their shoulders as an approval. After that there was no talk about business but family talk.

*Time Skip*

It's not too long since everyone left but still the house feels so empty and lonely. Taehyung also left saying he had a meeting and will be late so don't wait for him for dinner. So I cooked for myself and after I finished eating I went to my room and took a long warm shower to relax. It was so tiring today. I drifted to sleep as soon as I laid on my comfy bed.

***

I woke up feeling my throat dry. I squinted my eyes open and turned my head to see Taehyung but he was not there. I look at the time it was 2:38am and he is still not back. I step down the bed and walk downstairs directly in the kitchen with the phone in my hand. I poured myself a glass of water and started drinking it and with other hand I dialed Taehyung's number but the door opened as soon as the call started ringing.

I cut the call and walked out to see who came even though I knew who it could be. He was looking strange, messy hair, shirt tugging out and his coat in his hand. He throws himself on the couch and puts his legs on the table. I refill the glass and walk towards him. "Water?'' I asked. He nodded and I handed him the glass and in a single gulp he drank it all.

"What took you so long?" I asked as I sat beside him and that's when I noticed a familiar smell which makes me Goosebumps. "You drink?" i asked, not believing my own senses. But instead of answering me he just walked upstairs in our room.

*A Week Later*

It's been a week now since he has been behaving strangely. He always came back late and most of the time I could smell drink from him and he never answered me properly whenever I questioned him. The only answer I get is 'I am busy, talk to you later' and with that he goes back to his work. He barely talks to me let alone his sweet talks. Now it's enough. I can't take it anymore. I am done with convincing myself with my own answers.

I will ask him all my questions and make sure he will answer. Now I will just have to wait for him. It's 10 past 12 and he is not back as usual but i don't care i will wait for him until he is back and clear this once for all.

***

The screeching voice of the door being opened made me wake up from my slumber. He walked in and was about to walk past me when I stopped him. "Taehyung" I called. "We need to talk" I added.

"I am tired now. We'll talk later" he said and started to move forward "No, we have to, right now" I said as I held him by his arm. He sighs before turning to me. "What's wrong with you?" he asked with an annoyed face. "That's exactly what i want to ask?" I asked back. "Why are you behaving like this Taehyung?"

"How am i behaving?" he asked back. "Can't you see i am tired and you are irritating me even more"

I heaved a deep sigh before speaking "Like this. You are always avoiding me, not talking to me properly. Did I do something which offends you? Tell me, I will apologize for it and correct my mistake" I pleaded on the verge of crying.

"You did nothing and that's the problem" his answer made me confused. He glides his palm on his face frustratedly before continuing. "I am the only one who has been working hard to make our relationship better but not anymore. I am tired now. I don't want to be the only one who is making efforts and getting no outcomes. I am weary of it. I don't want to do it anymore" he avowed.

"W-what do you mean?" I asked as the first drop of tears escaped my eye. "What i mean is i give up. I am giving you up" his last sentence hit me like a dagger directly to my heart. More tears burst from my eyes like they were holding there for centuries.

He just casually walked upstairs without giving me a second glance and left me alone to deal with a disaster he made in my mind. How can he give up when I am finally in love with him?

I lose the strength in my legs causing me to sit on the floor. I bring my knees to my chest and cry my eyes out.

To Be Continued.........