Chapter 62

*Y/N POV*

"Welcome to our caf-" I stopped, seeing who came. I saw the spark of happiness in his eyes when he looked at me but he looked pale, weak and tired, also he had dark circles under his eyes. He must have been working so hard these days. Our eyes looked into each other. Neither of us looked away. I smiled thinking he came for me but it was all for a minute that the cruel reality came to me like a bullet and pierced into my heart when a girl clinging onto his arm came into my view.

He didn't come for me, he came with her. My smile faded and my eyes filled up. I held my tears as they came to me. "Oh Y/N. What a coincidence I didn't know you work here" Hyuna said sarcastically in her cheesy voice still clinging onto his arm. I faked a smile at her then looked back at him. He was still looking at me with that intenseness.

"Your order?" I asked, shifting my eyes at the computer screen before me. "I'll have a coffee with extra cream and you Honey?" She asked, looking at Taehyung. My heart hitch at the word Honey. "Same but with no cream" He said in his raspy voice.

"Okay" I said as I typed their order and their bill came out. "Your bill" I said. Taehyung took the bill from my hand and took out the card from his wallet. Our finger brushed against each other when I was taking the card from him. My heartbeat increased with the simple touch. I quickly swiped it and handed him back. "Anything else?" I asked. "No" Hyuna answered and dragged him to sit somewhere.

I turned and wiped the tears away and started making their coffee. Time to time my eyes diverted at them and every time I looked at him, I caught him staring at me but he quickly diverted his gaze elsewhere like he was never looking at me.

A part of me says to go and talk to him and another part says to ignore him. Heart says he still has feelings for me from the way he looks at me but my mind says to stop thinking bullshit. There is no way he would still have those feelings for me, if he has, he would have come back to me but no, he didn't come and he is still with her so there is no chance for me.

I took their order and walked towards their table. How much I wished that my co-worker would be present today so that I don't have to go to them. I am scared that if I go near him, I won't be able to control myself anymore and the way she was clinging onto his arm made me disgusted, jealous and hurt.

I heaved a deep sigh as I went near them. "Your order" I said casually as I placed the tray on the table and put their mugs in front of them. As I was about to turn that bitch spoke. "Why don't you join us?" She offered as she stirred her coffee. "Thank you but I am working" I answered calmly but deep inside I felt like punching her plastic face so hard.

"By the way we are getting married" Taehyung choked on his coffee as he heard her words causing him to spit the coffee out and spill some on the table as well as on himself. My hands quickly made their way to his back, rubbing up and down. "Are you okay?" I asked worriedly, looking at his eyes. He nodded as he locked his gaze at me.

"Oh Shit! the whole table is a mess" Hyuna exclaimed, causing us to pull apart. "I'll Clean it" I answered and brought a cloth from the kitchen. First, I wiped the table and then bent down to clean the floor. As I was wiping the floor, I felt something warm touch the side of my neck. I looked up only to be met with Taehyung's doe eyes looking keenly at me, more accurately at my neck.

At first, I couldn't get it but then I realized what he was looking at, instantly I stood up and covered my neck with my hair and left. I walked in the staff bathroom and locked the door. I stood in front of the mirror, looking at my disaster self and uncovered my neck. My tears started to fall from my eyes as I looked at the bluish and purplish leash marks peeking from my shirt on the neck.

Those beautiful art marks are given by my dad, note the sarcasm. Yesterday night he came, as usual completely drunk and demanded money from me but when I couldn't give him because I myself don't have any, He took out his belt and started beating me with it, leaving dark marks with every hit and then left me to survive through that pain again.

I quickly washed my face as I heard the table bell rang, telling a customer came. I came out and received the customer. I heaved a deep sigh looking at the empty table where Taehyung and Hyuna were sitting earlier. They left and after that I don't know when I will be able to see him again and just like this the whole day passed.

*Time Skip*

I was cooking in the kitchen with the music being played on the T.V as a background music. Alone in a home with the company of the silent and have no one to talk, to share anything make me sick.

I missed the family I used to have 1 month ago. I missed the way I used to laugh with them. It's been long since I last laugh. They called me a couple of times asking about me and Taehyung that if everything is going okay between us? And every time I had to lie that we were fine and happy.

The voice of the door being unlocked jolted me from my deep thoughts. I dreaded thinking about what will happen this time. My body started to shiver when I heard the footsteps coming. "Hello My dear" My father greeted with a smile as he entered the kitchen with his unstable footsteps. "Hi" I greeted back with a fake smile. "Ah! You are cooking" He commented. I don't know why but I was feeling uneasy with his sweetness.

"You did grocery shopping. Hmm Good" He stated as he looked at the counter where the bags of groceries lay still unpacked. I hummed as a reply. "So, you must have got your pay?" No GOD Plz no "Give me some" He demanded. I pretended not to hear him. "Hey. I asked you something" he yelled with a low voice. "Huh! Would you like to eat it?" I ignored his question.

"Hand it to me" he said, pissed. "What?" I asked, faking innocence, still focusing on my cooking. "Don't play dumb with me" he shouted as he grabs my wrist and make me looked at him. "Give me fucking your pay" He howled. I gulp at his sudden change. Even though I knew where this conversation was going.

"I-i can't" I answered. "Why?" He asked as he tightened his grip. "I have spent that all on food" I answered in pain. "You did what?" he asked as he jerked me, causing my back to hit the counter. "Spend all on this" he said as he took the pan from the stove "and you have nothing left for me" He continued as he threw the pan which landed at the other side of the kitchen, making me flinch.

"D-dad It's already hard for me to live plz don't make it worse" I finally spoke after putting my courage together. "I-i am only t-trying to live peacefully" I shuttered as I stood up with the support of my hands. "What did you say? HUH?" He asked through his grinned teeths. "I am making your LIFE difficult" he said emphasizing the word life as he pointed a finger at me. I kept silent while looking down. I don't have enough courage to look into his eyes.

"I AM THE ONE WHO GAVE YOU THIS FUCKING LIFE" He spat angrily. "I FED YOU AND YOUR UNGRATEFUL BROTHER AND THE ONLY THING WHICH I ASKED YOU IN RETURN IS ONLY SOME MONEY WHICH I ALREADY SPENT ON YOU"

"Instead of being grateful and giving me what I want, you are saying I am making your life hard" He continued as he picked the empty pan from the floor and put it on the stove which was still on. "You really need a punishment for being ungrateful" He added. Tears were cascading from my eyes like a waterfall. After a few seconds he took the pan back and walked towards me.

I tremble at the thought of what's coming next. "D-dad" I shuttered. He took my hand harshly and extended it forward, revealing my arm "Plz n-no" I pleaded. "Plz don't- AAHH" I screamed in pain when that hot pan came into contact with my bare arm, burning my skin. I yanked my hand away from his grip with my full force. Immediately I blew my arm to decrease the burning sensation. "Ungrateful brat" I heard him mutter before he left.

I slide down on the floor while crying. I don't know what wrong I did in the past to have this type of life.

To Be Continued......

Double update as an apology.