Chapter 57

*Y/N POV*

It's been 2 days since I last talked to him. I mostly spend my time in my previous separate room and come out only when he is not in the house or when i need something, even that time i avoid him as much as i can.

Our last conversation kept playing in my mind with an endless loop. I am sick of them. I can't deal with these thoughts anymore. They are making me go insane. I need fresh air. I drag myself down from the bed and pick a random dress. I take a long warm bath, after dressing up I take my phone and purse and walk out of the house.

After a few minutes of walking, I ended up in a park. I sat on a bench and tried to relax. Only 5 minutes passed and then a couple came into my sight. They were being lovey dovey which again reminds of him and my eyes started to well up.

I don't want to be a crying mess but i can't help it. It hurts. "Dear, what happened? why are you crying?" I heard. I looked up and saw an old woman holding a stick for support, standing not far from me.

"Nothing, I am fine" I said as I quickly wipe my tears and stand up. I go towards her and help her sit on the same bench i was sitting. "A beautiful girl like you won't be crying for nothing. Sharing can decrease pain, my child. You can say whatever you want. Maybe I can guide you or even advise you" She said.

I said whatever was in my heart. I emptied it in front of her and she listened to me patiently. "Don't you think it's fair for him to get mad?" she asked when i was done talking. I looked at her with a confused and questionably look. "As you said he is the one who had been showing his affection and love towards you" She repeated my words. I nodded.

"Don't you think he was expecting the same from you?" She questioned. My mind goes into a deep thought. "Listen dear" her voice jolted me back. "When someone is doing something good for somebody else, he is expecting the same from them but when they don't receive something, they think their efforts are going in vain and feel hurt which makes them behave aggressively" She continued.

"Then what am i supposed to do?" I asked. "You do the same thing he used to do" she replied. "What do you mean?" I questioned, confused. "Now it's your time to show love, affection and care. Show him that his efforts are not in vain and win him back" She explained. "Thank you so much Ajumma. It really helps. Now I know what I should do" I said. "But remember my child. It can take time. You have to be patient. Be strong. Understand?" She cheered. "Yes I understand. Thank you once again Now I should leave" I said as I hugged her and left.

I walked back home. I freshen up. I clicked a picture with a spatula in my right and sent it to Taehyung with a caption before starting cooking.

"I am cooking for us and will be waiting for you for dinner, so don don't be late today."

***

I cooked his favorite food and set the table for us. It's 9:23pm and he will be here soon so i decided to get ready. It was 10:03pm when I was done. I head back to the dining room and wait for him.

I waited for him for don't know how long and fall slept.

***

I wake up hearing some footsteps. "You came" I said as I saw his figure while rubbing my eyes. "Go freshen up. I'll reheat the food" I added as I took the dishes. "I have already eaten" he said casually. "What?" I exclaimed with a little shock. "But i was waiting for you"

"Did I ask you to do so?" he asked back and I could sense irritation in his voice. "I informed you via message" I answered. "I was busy so I didn't check my phone" he answered. "You eat and I am going to freshen up" with that he left. I lost my appetite.

I took the dishes and put them in the refrigerator. I washed the remaining pots and plates then cleaned the kitchen and with all of that I was wiping my tears from time to time because they kept falling uncontrollably from my eyes.

Now I know how it feels when you do something for somebody else and they don't appreciate your efforts but i need to be strong and patient. It's only the first day, and I had a long way to go.

After being done with everything I walked upstairs to his room. I am not going to sleep alone anymore. When I entered, he was using his phone while sitting on the bed as his back rested on the headboard with legs spread on the bed but after seeing me, he put the mobile on the side table and got into covers and closed his eyes.

I heaved a deep sigh before lying beside him. I covered myself with a duvet and turned so that my back could face him. I waited for a few minutes because he always hugged something while sleeping but because i am here so there is no place for him to hug a pillow.

I waited for a good 15 minutes but he did nothing then I turned and faced him. He is sleeping straight as his right arm is placed over his forehead, covering his eyes and other on his stomach. I keep looking at his face because it's been a while since I saw him this close.

He moved and now his back is facing me. The way he shifted his body I knew he was still awake. Only a few days of ignorance is killing me, I don't know how long I can keep it. I scooted closer to him and placed my hand over his waist and hugged him from back as he used to hug me.

He removed my hand but I placed it again and this repeated a few times until he jerked me away a bit harshly. I was taken aback by his action. I turned around and placed the duvet between my teeth to control the voice of my sobs and cried silently.

*Few days later*

It's been 5 days since I started to win him back. My routine is almost the same. I cooked breakfast for him daily but he barely eats or drinks something. Same for the dinner, he always comes late even though he knows i am waiting for him and while sleeping he always shrugged me away and because of that i cried everything night and slept only for a couple of hours.

After washing dishes I head to his room. As usual he was using his phone and laid under the cover when I entered. I took my seat beside him and turned to him. His back facing me already. I take a deep sigh, hoping he won't jerk me away today. I am feeling very down today and want to have a good sleep. It's been a while since I last had a good and peaceful sleep.

I poke him on his shoulder with the first finger of my right hand. No reaction. I tried again with a little force. He shrugged this time but didn't say anything. This time I moved him by holding his shoulder.

"What?" He yelled as he turned to me. "Nothing," I answered with a smile as I took his hand and placed it under my head. I rested my head on his chest and held him by his waist. He tried to remove me by my shoulder but I held him more tightly. "Plz. Don't" I pleaded and thank God he stopped. He removed his grip from me and let them fall beside him.

I stayed in that position for almost an hour, hoping he would hold me but no, he didn't, his hand still on his sides. His heart dumping in a rhythmic tone under my ear. His chest rising and falling under me.

I feel so calm having him near me but his actions also hurts. Unintentionally my eyes well up. I tried hard not to cry but my body didn't follow my orders anymore. I quickly covered my mouth when first sob escaped my mouth so that he won't wake up.

I looked up to see him and he was in his deep sleep. I crawled down the bed silently and went to my room. I curled myself on the bed and cried my eyes out.

To Be Continued.......

So...How's the story going?

I hope I am not disappointing you...

Your comments help me keep motivated,

so leave your comments and votes. Follow me for any update or announcement.