Thomas Hewitt Oneshot Part 3

Thomas didn't come back until late that night. You curled yourself against the wall and glared at him. He walked over and grabbed your chain, pulling you to your feet. 

"Dinner." he grumbled seeing the disdain on your face. You sat quietly and ate with the family, only you were chained to the chair. You looked over the different family members, each of them ignored you. 

Finally when dinner was done Thomas walked you back to the room, chaining you to the same place as before. 

"I'm cold." you said as he settled against the rusted spring-filled mattress. He looked over to you and rolled his eyes, throwing one of the blanket from the bed to you. 

He turned over facing the wall, "I was just scared you know. You have me here against my will, I have no family, no friends. You act like you hate me. Why wouldn't I be scared?" 

He turned back over to lock eyes with you, listening to what you were saying. "I trusted Luda Mae, she was a friend." Tears spurted down your face and you wiped them on your wrist. 

Thomas got out of bed and unchained you, allowing you to move around the room, not that it would get you far, you knew the door was locked. 

You crawled on the bed behind him. "I don't hate you. I know you think I do but I'm just scared. I want to understand why I am here." your voice trembled as he looked at you. 

He wiped one of the tears from your cheeks, leaning his head down to touch your forehead with his. "I'm sorry." the husky tone left his lips silencing you. You nodded and curled into a ball on the far corner of the bed. 

When you woke up your face was buried in the pillow Thomas had fallen asleep on. You sat up and noticed the door was propped open and you had no chains or locks on you anymore. 

You slowly got up and walked to the open door, looking around. There was noise in the kitchen and you followed it. 

Luda Mae was making breakfast over the stove and you saw the front door also open. "Y/n, why don't you join me." she said without looking over to you. You nodded walking over. 

After breakfast was finished she looked over to you. "Go get the guys, they're in the barn." she said nodding to the open door. 

You slowly walked over and looked out the door, the barn was far off to the side, maybe fifty feet, you knew they were that far away and while you could run you didn't. "Go on now, before the pancakes get cold." Luda said, patting the small of your back. 

You stepped out the door and off the porch, sunlight was hitting you for the first time since you tried to run and you walked over to the barn. Was this your way of Thomas getting you to trust him? 

You cracked the barn door open to see Thomas hauling hay bells from the ground to the attic space where Hoyt stood. "Breakfast is done." you called out. They both turned to look at you nodding. 

Hoyt walked past you, leaving. You looked at Thomas. "I could have ran." you said. "You didn't." he muttered as he dusted off his hands. "I didn't." you repeated. He put a hand on your back leading you to the door. You followed him back inside, you didn't run.