separation anxiety (requested)

You brushed your fingertips across Rosie's as you kept your head on her chest, listening to every beat of her heart as you cuddled her close.

Your legs were tangled with hers, your breath fanning against her skin with every exhale.

You were as close as can be to your girlfriend and to you, there wasn't anything better than that.

You kept your gaze on the tv, mesmerized by the film that you and Rosé were watching on this sunny and beautiful day.

It was only when Rosie started to stir that you looked away from the movie for the first time in a long time.

She pulled out of your embrace and let out a heavy sigh as she stretched her arms out over her head.

"Everything okay?" You asked as you brushed your hand across her arm.

She gently took your hand into hers and set it on your lap before sending you a small smile.

"Everything's fine." She sighed. "I'm just going to go and get some water."

"Okay." You said and reached for the remote to pause the movie. "I'll come with you."

"That's not necessary, my love. I won't be long." She said, kissing your cheek, only for you to shake your head.

"No, it's okay. I don't mind."

"Well, I do!" She snapped and you gasped a little, not used to her raising her voice, even if it was just slightly.

"What?"

"Y/N," She brushed her fingers across her temples and stared at you.

"I love you, y/n, I do. But you keep clinging to me all the time and I need a little room to breathe! I mean, earlier you followed me into the bathroom when I brushed my teeth. You followed me downstairs when I grabbed something for breakfast. You were clinging to me the entire time, your arms wrapped so tightly around me, and it's a lot sometimes. And now, you want to follow me while I get some water? Can't you see that I just need a few minutes to myself where you're not clinging to me? It's getting a little annoying!"

You hung your head in sadness as she finished speaking.

"Feel better now?" You mumbled and she brushed her hands across her face, already beginning to regret everything she said. "I'm sorry I annoy you so much. I don't mean to. I just... I have separation anxiety. I know it's silly but when you're gone, even for a few minutes, it's hard on me. I get anxious. I can't really explain why. But I see that I've annoyed you. I see that me clinging to you all the time bothers you so much and I understand why. I'm sorry."

She cursed under her breath before she sat on the edge of the bed beside you.

"I'm the one that should be apologizing."

"No, Rosie. You shouldn't. I get it. It's frustrating."

"No, it isn't." She assured as she took your hands into hers. "I love when you cling to me."

"That's not what it sounded like a moment ago when you were venting your frustrations out on me."

"That was wrong of me and I'm so sorry. I'm not used to someone clinging to me like you do, but it's not a bad thing. Sometimes, when you go through the things I do, it gets really lonely. But with you, I'm never lonely and I feel genuinely loved because I feel that every time you hold onto me and how you want to stay by my side all the time. It's the sweetest thing and I love it. It makes me happy. I'm just not always used to it, that's all."

You nodded and looked into her eyes as she caressed your cheek, her thumb brushing in soft circles across your soft skin.

"I am truly so sorry from the bottom of my heart. Please don't think I meant anything I said, because I didn't and I never will. I adore you. You make me so happy and I love you holding me and wanting to go everywhere I go. It makes my heart flutter every time I feel your arms wrapping around me. It's a beautiful feeling and I can't get enough of it, or you.

"So, can I go downstairs with you to get your water?"

She could see the hesitation in your eyes as the words fell from your lips. So she leaned in and pressed her lips onto yours, giving you a few soft and sweet kisses.

"I'd be so happy if you did."

"Okay." You smiled before pecking her lips a couple of times.

"I love that beautiful smile." She whispered, brushing her thumb across your lower lip. "I love everything about you. Now, c'mon. Let's go get some water."

She stood up and started to walk towards the door, taking every step slowly so you could come up behind her and wrap your arms around her, making her heart flutter yet again.