Chapter 5

How much did he see?

Though, to be honest, normally there wouldn’t be any unrelated mob characters paying attention to set events in the plot. Why was it seen?

“Still, thanks for the advice,” You Haoyu puts his mask back on, “I believe we will never see each other again. Good day.”

Afterwards, the young man pushes the brim of his cap lower, and his shadow disappears into the storm.

Du You has confirmed one thing while watching the silhouette fade into darkness.

That person, did not bring an umbrella.

“Why in the world did you confirm something like that!” The system says out loud seeing nobody else is around, “host, stop involving yourself in troublesome things from now on, ok? It’s enough that the person isn’t even the least bit grateful, and being this arrogant? Ugh.”

Du You retracts his gaze. He walks into the rain, which splashes onto the umbrella and slides down like a waterfall.

“Don’t you understand.”

The system swallows seeing the host looking so serious, “un-, understand what?”

“He is endorsing our line of products. If word of tonight got out, it would adversely impact our brand image.”

The car is parked not far away. Du You unlocks it, opens the door and gets in, “which is why I am the bossy CEO and you can only be a system.”

The system is flummoxed.

The host looks striking saying that, sure, but did he forget that the company grew so big completely thanks to the setting alone?

Though, this is only a minor incident in his life in Du You’s mind. Currently, the priority is resolving the ‘fusion’ crisis.

So, he will first have to focus on Shen Chen.

The next day, Shen Chen already comes knocking.

Originally, there was no scheduled meeting. They’ve only had one yesterday, and now early in the morning, the head of the partnering company visits again, so the employee are all visibly a bit stirred up in their work.

In the meeting room, Shen Chen and co. sits on one side, while Du You and the upper management of his company sits on the other side.

An intern lays out tea and snacks on the table, their hands still trembling walking out the door.

They have never seen such an intense, almost battle-like atmosphere outside of television. There couldn’t have been any major errors in their deal, could there?

The one who speaks in place of Shen Chen is a plump man, whose hairline is already receding with him being middle-aged.

He is trembling even as he speaks. Every sentence is followed by a glance over at his boss, seemingly also questioning the content of the words he is spouting, “in conclusion, our company will have to terminate its partnership with your company.”

The upper management here looks at each other, appearing stupefied. Then they turn to Du You, wishing to hear his thoughts.

This was too sudden, after all. Yesterday it was still all ‘you win, I win, we all win,’ then today it’s suddenly called off with this vague reason. It is quite hard to take in.

Du You thinks he understands the reason. It is probably Shen Chen being enraged due to yesterday’s fight over Xiao Tiantian, so he came at the earliest opportunity to settle the grudge.

Previously, when a deal fell through, what did he do?

He tries to recall.

Nothing.