Chapter 35

“Late-night snack?” The man furrows his brows. Du You didn’t exactly avoid them so Shen Chen heard the conversation as well.

Du You nods.

Shen Chen seems like he wants to say something but just remarks in the end, “… you sure are busy.”

He actually wanted to ask who Du You is eating with, but he feels like it’s not his place to ask.

Plus, the old, prominent bachelor that he is, he really doesn’t need to concern himself with something like this.

Though his mother looks like she disagrees, “Xiao You, you’ll be leaving after this? I thought you’d stay so I’d already had the guest room cleaned.”

“Sorry,” though Du You never did say he would stay the night.

The Shen couple looks at each other, as if communicating with their eyes alone.

Then, with a slightly more forceful tone, the father tries asking, “hurrying over even so late at night for your girlfriend, perhaps?”

“He’s a man,” Du You corrects him, “a celebrity under my wing.”

The three members of the Shen family appear stunned hearing that.

Though they knew Du You was a CEO of a multinational corporation, but they didn’t hear about it also staking claims in the entertainment industry.

Still, that industry is quite the money maker. Their own company, at its scale, also certainly has investments in the industry as well.

But, that is already in terms of the subsidiaries under their own subsidiaries, in other words, totally unrelated to themselves.

Under what circumstances would an executive from the top of the top hurry home to have a late-night snack with a small celebrity?

Could it be, a patronising relationship with benefits…

The couple shakes their heads firmly, throwing the thought away.

No matter what the truth is, though, they are now feeling deeply concerned.

It’s not time to give up, of course. Their son is definitely up there with his assets and his appearance. Clearly, he can’t just admit defeat in front of some unknown celebrity.

(Uploader: WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH)

Though with that said, the problem lies with their son himself——Even after being dumped by Xiao Tiantian, he’s still clinging onto him passionately.

They are quite pessimistic about the prospects of their son with that boy as well.

Shen Chen’s mother is especially disapproving of the relationship.

Anyway, if he needs to forget about the past, then he needs a new romantic relationship to help him forget it.

So when they feel like digging up more information, their son speaks up before them, “celebrity? Someone you know well?”

Du You is not sure he knows him particularly well, and answers, “we’re friends.”

He decides to classify it as such.