Chapter 19

You Haoyu, though drunk, still recognises who the person is. He is pressing on his forehead; he has a headache, “… leave me alone.”

“Are they your friends?”

What friends?

You Haoyu doesn’t understand, and turns in the direction the person is pointing. He sees a few unfamiliar girls standing there filming him on their phone cameras. They all scatter away with reddened cheeks when they see him looking in their direction.

His head feels like it’s aching more.

“You should probably move somewhere else,” says Du You, “there will be more people out when the rain stops.”

You Haoyu slowly stands up with his back on the shutter. Right now he’s already seeing afterimages looking at people. If he doesn’t hold onto something for support, he’ll probably fall down again.

But, he stood up fine. He shakes his head a bit after standing straight, trying to wake himself up. He’s about to walk forward, but just one step and he’s already fumbling and about to fall forward.

Du You extends his hand in time to pull him back by his arm, “where is your home; I will take you there.”

You Haoyu wants to pull his arm back, “why do you even care? The company has paid you back already. Do we even know each other?”

Du You knows that he’s probably massively drunk from that slurred speech. He drags the person along, “get in the car first.”

“Sh*t, let me go!”

You Haoyu is struggling, but he is having difficulty even just walking, so he can’t muster up any strength whatsoever, and gets forcibly dragged into the car.

Du You closes his umbrella and sits inside, then tells assistant Xiao who is in the driver’s seat, “contact his agent.”

Assistant Xiao didn’t imagine she would see her boss getting off the car for a minute and then picking a man off the street back in. When she’s about to answer and call, the backrest of her seat gets heavily knocked.

You Haoyu can’t even sit straight right now, so he just headbutts the seat. Then he covers his head with his hands, trying to soothe this head-splitting headache he has, “don’t call that guy.”

Assistant Xiao looks between the celebrity and her boss. She isn’t sure whether she should call or not.

“Where is your house.” Du You asks again.

You Haoyu opens his eyes, answering, “I don’t have one.”

It seems he wouldn’t be getting a meaningful answer. So Du You can only tell him, “then let’s go back to my place for now.”

Hearing that, You Haoyu remembers what his agent said.

He tilts his head and looks at Du You, furrowing his brows in disdain, “what, do you still want to ‘have a private meal’ with me?”

Someone as smart as Du You certainly gets what he is trying to imply with this sudden talk of food.

“Are you hungry? I only have instant noodles at home…”

“That’s not what I’m asking!”

And a CEO of a multi-billion dollar corporation actually eats instant noodles?

You Haoyu thinks the person is acting dumb, so he yells out in reflex, which makes him more uncomfortable.

He is clutching his stomach with a pale face. After soothing it slightly he says, “let me off.”