Chapter 23

Now though Du You has acquired Xinwen Entertainment, he’s just the owner in name. He knows nothing about the entertainment industry, so he hired an experienced manager to run it. He still spends most of his time in his own company.

Meanwhile You Haoyu has spent all his time bettering himself. He’s got not much time either, since there’s an audition for a film in just one month.

The movie’s director has been in the business for a long time. All his movies are critically acclaimed and sell like hotcakes. He’s got enough awards lined up to fill a cabinet.

He also has a peculiar trait – he likes picking newbies to be his movie’s protagonists, and enjoys teaching and moulding them into the form he wants.

This is an opportunity for You Haoyu.

While he’s finally set on pursuing his dreams, Xiao Tiantian also, finally, sees the damaging materials online.

It’s already been a month since the exposé, and You Haoyu has long since stopped being a popular topic. There’s always new gossip and drama to fill the insatiable curiosities of the public.

Xiao Tiantian stayed off the grid for so long because he was also ripped to shreds online earlier, so he only learns about this today.

He is regretting it a lot.

The once top-tier idol got pushed from his throne into hell, abandoned by his management company even. You Haoyu would’ve been at his loneliest and most helpless, but he had nobody to stay by his side.

If he saw this earlier he would have immediately looked for You Haoyu and stayed by his side, hugging him while telling him he’s the best.

Xiao Tiantian is just so bitter when he imagines that proud, imposing figure of a man fall into the abyss alone.

But, it’s not too late yet.

He calms himself down, then says [System, locate You Haoyu.]

While the system is looking up his whereabouts, the door to his room is opened. Xiao Tiantian turns his head in that direction, then he awkwardly turns it away when he sees who it is.

Though he got soft back at the airport and let him bring him back, that doesn’t mean he’s forgiven Shen Chen already.

The man abandoned him like he was broken footwear, so don’t expect him to come running back to him with just a few good words and pleas.

Shen Chen is already somewhat exhausted dealing with the boy’s cold, apathetic attitude towards him.

(Uploader: then just leave him, didn't he have other dudes that you say he seduced so why not leave? easy solution :P )

He’s done all he could now, even shifting his own career down the priorities list to put him at the top, but Xiao Tiantian doesn’t look like he’s forgiving him any time soon.

He did follow him back, which means he was still something to him in his mind, but he’s completely changed as a person; the lovable, caring person from before was gone.

What should he do; what could he do?

Shen Chen slams on the door frame in frustration.

His system has finished its search and confirmed the location; Xiao Tiantian takes his coat and walks outside.

“Please move, Mr. Shen.” He says coldly, not giving even a cursory glance to the man.

Shen Chen is filled to the brim with unrequited love in the bottom of his heart as he looks at this little boy who tortures him so.