Chapter 53

For the werebeasts, of course strength is important, but they value their appearance as well.

Of course, not something as shallow as handsomeness, but rather, the appearance exuded from one’s own impactfulness——Slender, eye-pleasing muscles, a regal aura and bright, smooth fur.

Ryan was the leader of his tribe not just because of his overwhelming strength but also because his fur was the most appealing of them all.

Du You is still too depressed to react properly, so he instinctively reacts to the head that is closing in with his arm raised, ready to pat.

Though his arm gets caught.

“Gege, there is only nasty virus on the ears of that,” Qin Ge chuckles, “maybe we should just cut them off.”

Ryan glares at the man next to them.

It’s this bastard again.

Every time he’s about to succeed, he shows up and ruins everything.

Ryan narrows his dark green eyes. His ears perk up as he makes a low growl.

Qin Ge appears cold as he stares at the werewolf.

Then, the auntie, still in her apron, pops out of the kitchen while wiping her hands, “Mr. Du, the meal is ready!”

She popped up way too suddenly, so Du You quickly grabs Ryan’s brain and presses downwards, his palms covering the two ears of the werewolf flat onto his head.

Then, he looks at the auntie, expression unchanged, as always, “we’ll be there immediately.”

The auntie heads back into the kitchen to get the dishes in a good mood while thinking to herself how interesting it is that while Mr. Du is the leader of such a great company, but when he’s with friends, he practically acts no different to her own three-year-old nephew – physically scuffling.

Du You lets his hand go only when he saw her leave. Ryan pops his head back up. His hair is dishevelled now, while the ears shakily attempt to come back up, “lover, don’t be so rough. It hurts.”

“Don’t call me that,” Du You pats him on the head, “hide your ears now.”

Not wanting to experience that again, Ryan could only obediently retract his ears and tail.

The kitchen door is open as the auntie is getting the dishes out, so the whole dining room is filled with an incredibly appetising aroma.

Ryan’s nose twitches, and cannot stop himself anymore. He stands up then rushes for the table.

In the dining room, there are already dozens of dishes lined up. As there are more people today, the amount is even greater than usual.

Ryan jumps onto one of the chairs and is ready to eat, but he still has his lover in mind, of course, so he just looks longingly at the door waiting for Du You.

So the first thing Du You sees as he walks in is a Ryan crouching on the chair. Despite his tail having been retracted, Du You feels as if he can somehow feel a tail wagging excitedly behind him.

Qin Ge follows closely behind, but You Haoyu is not yet here.

Du You looks around to see him still sitting on the sofa alone. He has one leg put horizontally on his other leg, with the script placed on it.

Since Ryan began showering he’s been sitting so, unmoving.

“It’s dinner time,” Du You says in his direction.

But You Haoyu seems to be so wholly absorbed in his script that he does not react.

Du You approaches him then puts his hand onto the booklet, taking it away, “time to eat.”