Chapter 63 - (A & B)

There are two cups of steaming tea on the coffee table.

Du You is blanking out staring at the rising white smoke.

Qin Ge just went upstairs; he said he was going to change out of the bloodstained shirt. He’s still up there.

Meanwhile, Qin Ge has entered the second-floor bathroom,

He switches on the light, and the cold white bloom fills the wide room and illuminates the man’s well-defined fingers.

Qin Ge unbuttons his shirt, one button at a time.

His shirt opens up to reveal a firm, muscular body. The skin tone is so white it’s pale, looking absolutely devoid of blood under the blinding white light.

He takes the shirt off and, along with the black leather glove he took off earlier, throws them both into the bin.

Then he turns to the mirror and looks downwards. There are spots of red on his stomach; the fresh blood of a corpse.

He seems rather nonchalant as he takes a towel from the side and wets it under the faucet, before starting to wipe on the red.

And again. And again; almost as if he wants to rub until his skin falls off for good.

Then, he throws the towel into the bin as well. The bin shakes and spins before falling onto the ground.

Shortly thereafter, Du You hears footsteps from the stairs and looks over.

Qin Ge has changed into a black turtleneck jumper. The black contrasts starkly with the paleness of his skin, white as paper.

The long sleeves give way to clean hands, ungloved.

Du You has never seen him with naked hands before, so he can’t help but look over at them.

Qin Ge notices his gaze and explains frankly, “I threw it away earlier; I don’t have any replacements for now,” and now he is standing before Du You, looking at him with a genuine smile, “but, since only gege is here now, it’s fine.”

Du You seems to recall that he wore gloves as he disliked physical contact.

He tells him, “take a seat.”

Qin Ge sits on the single sofa to his side.

Du You decides to go straight to the point, “I am here to ask about Xiao Tiantian.”

While he is not sure why he killed Xiao Tiantian, but he does realise from this that——Qin Ge is a potential partner he can work with.

Unlike You Haoyu, Shen Chen or Ryan, Qin Ge doesn’t seem to be affected by ‘Plot Correction’ either.

While Xiao Tiantian is dead for now, he doesn’t know when he will resurrect, so he cannot let his guard down.

Similar incidents may continue to occur in the future; Qin Ge happening to pass by prevented the worst outcome this time.

To defend against whatever nefarious business Xiao Tiantian concocts up next, they will need to plan ahead and work together.

He relays all these across as succinctly as he could and concludes, “so, while you may have killed him, he would not truly die. We still need other countermeasures.”

Qin Ge did not interject at all when he was speaking, only adding when Du You was finished, “I knew that.”

Du You doesn’t know what he is referring to, and goes, “huh?”

“That he can resurrect,” Qin Ge is still looking fixedly at Du You, “don’t worry. This time, he will be unable to come back to live.”

Unable to come back to life…