Chapter 17

Shen Chen has made up with Xiao Tiantian and brought him home.

(Uploader: well good for you ig, at least it will save DY the trouble of going abroad :P )

Du You managed to avoid wasting time abroad, and with Shen Chen watching, he wouldn’t have to worry about Xiao Tiantian getting in touch with the other members of the Top too. What good news.

So he goes back to his shut-in lifestyle from before of eating, sleeping and playing with his phone, and visiting chef Shen’s restaurant every so often.

The restaurant is empty as always, but it’s still solvent and going strong apparently.

Chef Shen would also often talk about his family matters on his WeChat posts besides posting photos of his new dishes.

Du You, therefore, learnt that he is married and has a son in the middle of his rebellious phase, who is head over heels in love and doesn’t care about anything else, so his father the chef is quite troubled.

If he considers the chef’s apparent age then his son is probably in middle school, having recently hit puberty, so Du You thought it was understandable.

To show his condolences, he ‘liked’ that particular post.

Since new Tops haven’t shown up yet, and You Haoyu hasn’t yet called back for their meal together, Du You decides to just wait a few more days. If there’s still nothing from that side, he’d personally visit them.

Though the next day when he thought he should contact You Haoyu’s agent first and was about to have assistant Xiao call, he finds his WeChat filled with damaging materials.

A-list celebrity’s love comes to light
Popular star swears at fans
You Haoyu visiting night clubs in dead of night
Members of ‘Today‘ falling out

Eight of the top ten Trending topics are about You Haoyu.

Du You takes a look inside of them one by one. Each one is attached with photos that, while dim and undersaturated, even passers-by can attest to the identity of the person on camera.

Some of them were secretly taken in ‘Moonlight,’ taken the moment he entered the bar. There’s even a timestamp on the photo. It’s from last month, the 5th of August.

Though only his back is in the shot, the OP also reposted a post that claimed You Haoyu beat people up, which itself was a post from the 6th, so the timing seems a bit much to be coincidental.

Apparently, it was a modestly popular streamer that posted that, who said that she was celebrating her birthday at ‘Moonlight,’ and invited You Haoyu along. Then he started beating people up inexplicably once he arrived.

Since there were no photos, the post itself didn’t make much noise back then, and instead, the streamer was mocked by fans of You Haoyu——A popular celebrity visiting some unheard-of streamer’s birthday party? You serious?

But with the photos there, despite the lack of beatings in them, at least it proved that You Haoyu himself was at ‘Moonlight’ on the 5th.

The top comment under that post happens to be, [Holy sh*t?! I just happened to see some people arguing that night, one of whom had a mask on. It was You Haoyu all along?]

The fans of course didn’t believe any of it, so early on they went in droves trying to clear his name under that post.

But then, what quickly followed were the posts that talked about his ‘love’ and ‘swearing.’

The one about his love had no words but only a short 5-second video.

In the video, the man appearing to be You Haoyu has turned his head around shouting, “f*ck off! I am in love with this damned auntie, so what?!”