Chapter 27

Shen Chen feels that he’s becoming weirder and weirder.

(Uploader: Yeah you have definitely gone weirder :P )

Something he said the last second might immediately get overturned the next, and he might even do something completely opposite of what he was thinking.

This unsettling mismatch has made it harder and harder for him to focus on his work. Even when in the company his brain is filled with nothing but Xiao Tiantian.

What is wrong with him? Should he head for a psychiatrist?

He used to be amused seeing friends in his circles booking for sessions regularly. He thinks they are just bad at self-restraint and self-adjustment. He never imagined that one day he would also be a victim of it.

He rubs between his brows a little bit. Then, he glances back at the documents piled up like a mountain on his desk.

Recently he really didn’t focus much on his work. Everyone knew that he used to be work first, himself second, and only after that do love and family come along.

But now, he’s practically devoted solely to Xiao Tiantian. His thoughts are so preoccupied now and with the recent conflicts and troubles he’s so stressed he’s become insomniac.

Suddenly, a thought pops up in his mind.

It is because he is so deeply infatuated with that person that it is causing him so much pain.

Is that so.

In the past, he would definitely have affirmed this thought. But, he is feeling something off now.

(Uploader: Yes! Finally he's realizing it, if this goes well he will also avoid getting close to Xiao something)

He couldn’t reason it out though. He sighs lightly, and opens the documents, trying to work.

That is when the landline rings.

Normally, only their partnering companies would call in through this. It should be his secretary who switched the call in.

He settles his thoughts and puts them in the back of his mind, and picks it up, “hello.”

That is when a yell comes through the phone, “you d*mned brat, you blocked your father’s number!”

It was so loud that Shen Chen moved the receiver away from his ears.

He feels like cutting it off but that would probably anger him further, so he replies, “because your calls are never about anything serious.”

His father is dissatisfied with that answer, “does a father need to have something serious before looking for his son? Also, don’t make it sound like you’re doing anything serious recently; I know all those projects have been pushed back.”

Shen Chen gives off an annoyed sigh. “since when did it matter to me.”

(Uploader: the original text was Shen Chen hmphs, it would've been funny but it didn't seem like it would fit a bossy CEO so I changed it don't mind me if you seen any difference from my uploaded novels from their og translators and uploaders :O )

“I never asked before because I felt you were doing a good job, god knows why you’re being so incompetent now,” he pauses, “nevermind. Clear up your schedule for the weekend and come home for a meal.”

That sudden?

Shen Chen recalls the last few times he’s been suddenly called back home to eat. All of them were because our chef Shen has invented new dishes and was looking to show off.