Chapter 29

“He should be here soon,” Shen Chen’s father says as he takes a look at his watch, “I’ll wait for him down the road.”

Shen Chen feels even more irritated with this stranger on his blind date now that his father is personally heading off to welcome him.

What kind of shameless sycophant could manage to swoon his father so.

(Uploader: I seriously want for Du You to face slap this dude, he's so annoying :P )

“An adult would certainly not get lost so easily like that,” says Shen Chen, his brows furrowed, “you shouldn’t run about like that at your age. Have the butler go.”

His father seems offended.

“Hmph, if I don’t tell people how old I am, they’d think I’m only 40,” putting on the coat handed to him by the servant, he says, “you are also coming.”

So not only having his father go welcome him, but he is getting dragged along too?

“No.”

“If you don’t go, tomorrow I’ll be the new head chef in the company headquarters.”

“…”

Shen Chen can only say “so besides completely throwing the company to someone else, you don’t even see the employees as human anymore.”

His father is actually offended this time, “how am I not treating them as human with this actual chairman here cooking for them personally?”

Whenever they start arguing about his father’s dreams, they never see the end of it.

And the older his father gets, the more he behaves like a child.

His mother tries to mediate, “alright, Chenchen, just head out with your father for now. He just wanted to talk with you finally seeing you after so long.”

Shen Chen accepts the compromise seeing his mother coming along. Then he looks back at Xiao Tiantian.

Before he said anything he seems to already know what he wants to say, and without looking at him at all, “where you are heading is your business, no need to tell me each and every detail.”

Though he says that, but a man he loves dearly heading off to welcome a blind date partner is certainly not a pleasing turn of events.

Now he’ll see if Shen Chen can realise that. If he fights back then he might give him another chance.

But he actually hears the person sigh, saying, “I’ll be back soon.”

Xiao Tiantian turns to look in disbelief, but he and his father have already left the dining room.

The mansion is centrally heated and warm, but his heart is cold as if he was on a glacier.

He can’t help but hug himself tightly.

Shen Chen’s mother sees him doing so and has the servant turn the heat up a bit, saying, “was it cold outside? You’re wearing so little, I’ll go get a coat for you.”

Hearing that, Xiao Tiantian looks at the woman.

She must take care of herself well, and there are hardly any wrinkles, though perhaps because she is often smiling, she has prominent crow’s feet.