Chapter 36

Du You unbuckles his seatbelt and bids farewell to Shen Chen. When he is about to exit the car, however, Shen Chen drags him by the arm.

Du You looks back at him.

Shen Chen doesn’t know what he’s doing either, and takes his hand back, “nothing. You can go.”

“Bye,” Du You opens the door and, as if he just remembered, “if Xiao Tiantian is looking for you again, remember to tell me.”

“…”

(Uploader: I am also speechless cuz even if a stranger is driving me I would say thanks and take care lol (TwT)

That’s all? Shen Chen turns his head away, saying, “I know.”

Du You sees You Haoyu looking in his direction after exiting, his eyes seemingly glowing from seeing it, and walks over.

The person in the car doesn’t seem interested in greetings. He pushes on the gas and drives forward.

You Haoyu takes a cursory glance at the car, but it is too dark out and the car window has a UV screen as well, so he can’t make out the driver.

But he isn’t really interested either. He quickly focuses back on Du You.

Shen Chen can see a pair of amber eyes dead fixed on Du You.

He’s not bad-looking, as expected of a celebrity in the entertainment industry.

Though…

Just a brat, huh.

(Uploader: Lololol ahahhaha Shen Shen your jealousy is showing)

Shen Chen retracts his gaze.

The car drives back onto the main road.

He is by himself in his return, but the same route felt much longer than when he came.

Back at home, the moment he opened the door his parents come along, asking, “how is it?”

Shen Chen, with a stern expression, “what?”

“That celebrity, how is he? Is he threatening?” His mother asks.

(Uploader: lol mother Chen (7-7)

“Don’t know; didn’t talk.”

“You were right there with him, didn’t you at least greet each other?”

Shen Chen pinches between his brows, “father, mother, please stop meddling in this. I’ve just broken up and I don’t want to think about these for now.”

The parents look at each other hearing that.

“I see…” His mother says with a sympathetic look, “then mommy won’t say anything more. Chenchen, sleep well tonight.”

Shen Chen makes a sound of agreement as he walks upstairs.

(Uploader: wasn't the sound of agree en not mm but ok, let's just make it sound of agreement lol)

In his bedroom, he closes the door and, without opening the lights, leans back against the door and stays silent for a few seconds.

The cold air seeps in through the window. The room is cold, as if it’s a freezer.

His body then slips downwards looking quite defeated. His hands cover up his face.

Late at night, a beam of light descends through the night sky.

In the international airport, another flight lands. Despite the time, there are still many people waiting at Arrivals.

Xiao Tiantian has finally managed to make his way here before the scheduled arrival. Unlike many other people present he does not wait right outside the barrier, instead, he stands at the outermost edge, looking nonchalant.