Chapter 41

Gege?

That’s a shock to both You Haoyu and Shen Chen.

They don’t even have the mind to question that overly familiar gesture now. Their gazes dart between Du You and the young man in disbelief.

Even if they were fraternal, that’s still way too few similarities between them. Brothers? Cousins?

Du You pushes him away, “too close.”

Qin Ge, rejected again, smiles unchangingly.

You Haoyu snaps back hearing that and asks Du You, “your younger brother?”

When Du You is about to shake his head, Qin Ge answers for him, “not biological; we grew up together.”

In other words, childhood friends.

You Haoyu can feel his heart sink. It is only now that he realises how little he knew about Du You.

The system is in shock as well [What? Not biological?!]

It almost thought they were treading in some adults-only territory.

Du You is also surprised and asks Qin Ge, “not biological?”

Shen Chen rubs his brows, “what are you doing being surprised? You’ve let him in already.”

He can see that Du You treats this person the same as anyone else.

While his intimate gestures and form of address were surprising, he wasn’t shaken like You Haoyu.

Du You looks towards Shen Chen.

He has wanted to ask already about why he is here. He only remembers having made arrangements with You Haoyu today, then two others show up out of the blue.

Shen Chen notices the questioning gaze and was about to say his prepared excuse, about how his parents scolded him so he came to pick him up.

He swallows that back down, however.

Looking at this situation, even if he invited the person doesn’t seem like he’ll come along. If Du You was alone then sure——But there’s a little celebrity here and a ‘younger brother’ there.

Shen Chen thought that if he just left like this it’s equivalent to condemning Du You to damnation.

So he changed it on the spot, “my parents want to spend Christmas together alone,” a pause, “I thought you were alone too, but it turns out it was rather lively here.”

Shen Chen’s gaze sweeps across You Haoyu all the way to Qin Ge as he says that before landing it back on Du You, “am I not welcome?”

“…”

He instantly regrets having said that. If Du You actually nodded right now then he’s out immediately.

But still, just him being the chef’s son means Du You wouldn’t chase him away. He moves aside, “come in.”

Shen Chen’s eyes visibly glimmer, while the other two turns broodier.