Chapter 25

One day to his audition.

Since he was informed of its content, You Haoyu has been practising hard day in, day out. He also looked up previous works of the renowned director and took notes as he watched them.

He’s watched the movies before already, but that was as part of the audience, from his subjective, non-analytical perspective.

This time he paid more attention to the actors, observing how they approached realising emotions and feelings with their facial expressions and gestures.

Time marched on, until today.

You Haoyu wasn’t that nervous in the beginning, and being absorbed in training didn’t give him the time to be anyway.

Though, for some reason, when there are only single digits left to the countdown, when it reached ‘1,’ he has started to feel anxious.

This was the last day, and the teacher training him told him to have a good rest and face the audition tomorrow at his best.

Though he continued to stay behind in the training room.

He only stopped when he realised it was almost late evening already.

The more he practised, the more anxious he felt.

He took a bottle of water and gulped it all down. He drank too quickly and the water is overflowing through the corners of his mouth, rolling down his chiselled jawline and onto his Adam’s apple.

He emptied a bottle of water soon enough. After wiping his mouth, he seemed to have regained himself a bit.

What a waste of time.

He practised for half a day at almost zero efficiency. His performance was abysmal. If he continued like this, one could easily imagine the result of the audition.

Thinking like so, his face darkens, his grip strengthened and squeezed and crumpled the plastic bottle.

That was when footsteps rang out from the corridor. He looked towards the glass where attorney Fang was knocking on.

“Still practising? Hardworking, aren’t we?”

You Haoyu knitted his brows and asked, “what.”

“Go home soon,” continuing, “when I was coming in, a suspicious fella was about to toss rocks at the entrance, and I stopped him. He’s probably an anti-fan of yours, so try not to get involved.”

Hearing that, You Haoyu walked to the window and looks down. There’s nobody down there but a lone piece of brick.

“Remember to head out through the backdoor.” After having said that, attorney Fang left.

He was just here to retrieve documents.

“…”

A few minutes later, You Haoyu was outside the building.

The sky was already darkening outside. You Haoyu walked into the twilight.

At less than 15 hours before the audition starts, he would get sleep back home, and by the next day——It’s showtime.