Chapter 39

Du You chooses a location close by for afternoon tea - a Western restaurant near the company.

It's almost 5 in the afternoon so the restaurant is not crowded, and it's quiet enough. A deep, low tone from a classical piece reverberates through its coffee-coloured interior. One can picture sitting through an afternoon with an ordered drink in hand there.

Shen Chen looks over the menu and orders a sandwich and coffee. Du You, meanwhile, orders by the page.

The waiter takes a good hard look at Du You and realise that he's seen this young handsome customer a few months ago. Back then he actually ordered every single thing once for which even the owner was alerted.

They thought he might have been a streamer that reviewed food for audiences, but then they see him devour everything clean. And thus, a legend of this customer was born among the staff.

Though the customer never did visit again after that, which made them sad as they thought their dishes did not attract him enough.

The customer is finally here again after several months, so the waiter is excited. He quickly heads to the kitchen to relay the order.

Shen Chen's sandwich and coffee are simple enough that they're served first. Out of courtesy, he continues to wait.

"You can start," Du You reminds him, "there might not be enough space later."

Shen Chen still didn't fully grasp Du You's meaning until several minutes later when Du You's order is also served.

Perhaps the chefs are just making whatever pops into their minds next, so there's only two cakes there--A grey-brown triangular piece of chocolate mousse with reflective jello pieces over its frosting and a single dark blueberry.

Shen Chen feels as if the sandwich in his hand has become less appetising looking at it. But then he recalls his identity and turns around to take a sip of his coffee.

Bitter.

His brows furrow slightly.

He has had it for years now, but he's still not used to the taste.

Then, he sees a piece of cake pushed before him.

Du You says, "here you go."

A surprised Shen Chen raises his head to ask, "what do you mean?"

"For you."

"..." The Adam's apple wobbles up and down once on Shen Chen as he moves eyes away, "too sweet; I don't like these."

Du You, confused, tells him, "the chef told me you do."

That damned old man.

Shen Chen's eyes twitch, "that's when I was young."

(Uploader: Bro just accept it, it's for free lol, don't let your pride stop you from eating what you want even if it ruins your image :D )

An adult; an adult man, would certainly not be interested in these things only girls and kids like.

Plus, even Du You wouldn't have just ordered desserts, would he? There's certainly a main course coming.

Yet, afterwards, more desserts--A plump little strawberry daifuku with a glittering appearance and a pink tinge.

Two copies. Again.

It seems as if Du You as ordered everything in twos for him.

Something in Shen Chen seems to click looking at Du You.

His fingers curl as he taps it on the table, "... I might not like them, but I can try them out with you."

"You don't have to force yourself," says Du You.