Chapter 13

“I could look that up, but it will take some time…” The system replies reflexively before realising something was off.

No, wait, why should it do that for the host.

“I won’t help you though, you didn’t help me at all.” This system has a spine! It has its principles!

(Uploader: Since when? If I remember correctly you don't :0 )

Du You picks up a fruit from the basket, “you can have this mandarin.”

“How do I eat that without a physical form, and also isn’t this way too cheap?!” The system seems stunned for a moment before reacting, “wait, host, seriously, are you trying to rip me off?”

That is when there is another knock on the door.

Du You’s office had good sound insulation so their little argument wouldn’t have been heard outside.

It’s assistant Xiao again, who waves the phone in her hand, “Mr. Du. I have arranged a seat at the restaurant you wanted to try. Will you be heading out now?”

Along the road are young office workers trudging on the pavement. It is already lunchtime.

The Du Conglomerate’s headquarters of course had its own cafeteria, but he, the bossy CEO, would have caused quite a ruckus showing up there. So most of the time he would eat out.

This past year he’s largely sampled every restaurant, both big and small, near the building.

This noon he will be visiting a restaurant that just opened recently.

If it had gone well back then he planned to invite You Haoyu here.

The restaurant is right in the middle of a business commercial district, at the corner of an intersection, where the pedestrian traffic is quite heavy.

The entrance is elegant and classy. Once inside, two well-dressed waitresses lead the way.

She smiles at Du You, “a table for two?”

Assistant Xiao wanted to deny that, because she definitely couldn’t afford a place that looks like this, and she planned to find something to eat herself given that the driver had a sick day off and so she still had to drive the car away.

Before she could say anything though, CEO Du says, “yes.”

Then he looks back at her, “let’s eat together.”

This is a look that completely struck within assistant’s Xiao’s long-dormant inner youthful heart.

She knew that her boss is handsome, to the degree that he could immediately debut as an idol. Of course, she has already been working under him for a year, so no matter how good-looking he was, she should have been used to it.

Yet, at that moment, she was suddenly reminded of that ‘struck by Cupid’s arrow’ feeling when she first applied and entered the company back then.

Walking inside, the lobby is bright and clean. The ground is reflective and smooth as if recently waxed. Even if there isn’t a single other customer, none of the waiters and waitresses is slacking off. They are all smiles when watching Du You and her come inside.

Yes. In prime lunch hours, there isn’t a single customer.

Assistant Xiao is slightly concerned seeing this. Since it’s a new restaurant, there isn’t yet any reviews or ratings online.

True, it’s expensive, more than what an average person could afford, but the pedestrian traffic is no joke here. Even if it is out of the range of what most people considered acceptable for lunch, would there really be no single customer inside?