Chapter 14

It is actually quite rare for Du You to visit the same restaurant twice, because he likes to sample new dishes. Though he still accepts the invitation regardless.

The chef seems to be in a state of bliss, “customer, can you add me on WeChat if that’s alright? I actually post my latest cooking inspirations on there. If you are interested in any of them feel free to visit at any time.”

So they exchange contact details.

Afterwards, the chef leads his staff in seeing Du You off. Assistant Xiao who is following him almost feels like they’ve transmigrated to the imperial dynastic eras.

(

Uploader: lol, look at what you've done DY, ahahahah)

Right outside the door, she is handed a credit card.

Du You tells her, “pay them.”

“Understood,” receiving the card, she asks respectfully, “so you would not expect to visit this place a second time? As expected of Mr. Du, to avoid making enemies whenever possible.”

“No,” replies Du You, “I’m just rather worried the place will go under before I could come visit again.”

“…”

Are you really not worried about getting sick?!

Assistant Xiao is so shocked she is speechless. Her steps are unsteady all the way to the counter.

Eh. Her CEO Du must have a metallic tongue without the sense of taste to go with his stomach of steel.

(Uploader: I wish I had one also :'D)

Back in his car, Du You’s phone dings, reminding him of a new message.

The sender is ‘Chef Shen,’ it seems he has quite the obsession with being called a ‘chef.’

[Customer, you really didn’t need to – I was told by staff earlier that you came back to pay regardless (cry). I will definitely come up with new recipes soon, so please come again!]

Du You replies with an ‘ok’ gif and then puts his phone away.

It seems others have a hard time with the food here. Next time he will be visiting by himself.

As Xiao Tiantian failed to spot either Du You or You Haoyu in the end, he returned home defeated.

Though the positioning service is not precise, it is definitely accurate. So not meeting them at all is surely just bad luck.

He cheers himself up thinking so.

That is when his phone suddenly vibrates, reminding him of a cash transfer in his account.

Xiao Tiantian’s heart skips a beat. Who was it?

Certainly not Haoyu, who lost his memories. Is it You? Or Shen Chen?

But he figures out the person’s identity immediately afterwards, because the person has added him on WeChat.

The profile picture is just a white ‘X’ on a pure black background.