Chapter 52

The moon is shining outside.

Tonight is also clear skies with our crescent moon high in the sky. A scenery that would be described as soothing.

Though unfortunately, neither of the two people currently bathing in it are in the mood to admire such beauty.

Qin Ge, smiling, "why are you here?"

You Haoyu, with raised brows, "why can't I be here?"

Qin Ge's expression darkens. Something dangerous seems to be brewing.

You Haoyu knits his brows. His danger senses are tingling. His fingers start gripping tightly on the doorknob, but he maintains his position, unfaltering.

There seem to be sparks flying between the two silent figures hostile to each other.

That is when Du You pokes his head out, "why are you here?"

Du You's presence immediately eliminated whatever dangerous particles infused throughout atmosphere as the two turn their attention to him.

Qin Ge's expression soothes, "you weren't at work today, so I thought you were sick."

"I just overslept," replied Du You.

Qin Ge knew that, of course. It was just an excuse to come see him.

He's been upset since last night, but he didn't expect to continue to see this eyesore here when he came over.

Qin Ge points to the young man besides him, "gege, why is he at your house?"

This rude gesture makes You Haoyu irritated.

Du You replies, "his house was smashed up, so he's here to stay for a few days."

"He could just live in a motel somewhere," Qin Ge starts smiling, "I can lend him money if he needs it."

Du You's mind goes 'ding' from that.

Then, You Haoyu steps right in between the two of them to block off Qin Ge.

"Quit meddling," he slaps away his pointing fingers, sounding rather annoyed, "it's my business where I live."

Qin Ge "..."

The man looks down at his own hand, chuckling, "... I don't care wherever you lived."

When he looks back up, the curly bangs have covered up his eyes slightly, his expression becoming unreadable.

"But stop clinging to gege, alright?"

It is quite terrifying when someone who normally smiles is completely expressionless.

But You Haoyu is unfazed as he stares directly at him, "you took the words right out of my mouth."

"I don't know if you're a childhood friend of Du You's or whatever, but, at your age, it might be time to stop acting so childish with that kind of excuse."

Qin Ge is emanating a dangerous aura, without replying.

System [Host, stop them!]

Du You snaps back to reality.

He can feel something is wrong between the two, but, it's the first time he's seen such naked hostility, so he doesn't know what to do.

So he grabs You Haoyu.

"Wait, don't fight."

You Haoyu pauses and realises what he's said. While the guy really is unlikeable, they shouldn't fight right in front of Du You.

And that actually might have been quite the ignorant thing to say.

He's always been like that, being guided by his emotions alone and not his brain. He thought he'd improved a lot since leaving Crown Entertainment, but it was merely that he hasn't met someone else that would annoy him to no end.