Chapter 49

The woman with the antibodies has arrived.

Apparently, an injection is capable of not just preventing zombification, but even reversing zombified subjects into their original forms.

It’s been ten years since the last time the facility’s doors were opened. Though after careful deliberation by the people in charge, they decided to take the woman in.

Nobody would have known that this is the trigger for the destruction of the whole research facility.

The antibodies of the woman were the real deal, but she also had other sinister plans in mind.

Three days passed and before the researchers could exclaim in joy having just confirmed the validity of their latest antidote, they hear an earth-shattering explosion.

Du You was sleeping in that small room when he felt the ground shaking. He thought he was dreaming at first, but when the shaking intensified, he sits up immediately.

It felt like his bed was falling apart. He gets off and leaves, heading for his didi’s room.

It’s unlocked, so he just pushes open.

The room is decorated no different from his. The boy is curled up in his bed, still asleep.

He shakes him awake.

His didi’s body is almost boiling. He is absolutely flushed as he opens his eyes in a daze.

Du You touches him on the forehead, “are you ok?”

His didi is already 12 years old. Compared to the almost feminine-like beautiful looks he had when they first met, he is already starting to look more masculine.

Meanwhile, his personality remains unchanged. An almost mentally sick obsessiveness over him, and absolute coldness when it comes to the teachers.

Didi’s light-chestnut coloured hair is a bit messy, “… I don’t know. My head hurts.”

Du You has always been healthy since he was conscious, but he has read books. Apparently, this is called a ‘fever.’

While he doesn’t know why his didi is suddenly ill, but he makes a decision immediately.

“We will look for the teachers. Can you walk?”

The boy shakes his head before nodding.

When his didi is off the bed, he takes his hand and runs outside.

The ground is still shaking. The further they walk, the more clearly they can hear the explosions, mixed with the helpless screams of the staff members.

Suddenly, the ceiling gives out and a giant piece of rock comes tumbling down. Du You turns to hold his didi in his embrace and leaps out of the way.

The rock was so heavy that when it smashed into the ground it formed a crater of sorts. With this trigger, the ceiling only starts to crack open more and more. A pile of rubble forms, blocking the way forward.

“Why, why are you here?!”

They hear a familiar male voice from behind them. It’s one of the teachers.