Chapter 55

Du You closes the door behind him and asks, “shower?”

You Haoyu does not answer.

The living room is quiet, only lit by the warm lighting. Ryan has disappeared off somewhere, so there’s only the two of them right now.

Du You could sense something bad, and looks at the upper floor with an ominous premonition.

You Haoyu doesn’t notice, instead, asking, “were you out for a walk?”

Du You nods, “for a short while.”

You Haoyu grips his fists tightly hearing that, and moves his gaze away, “I saw that,” a pause, then, “are you going out with him?”

It was a bit hard to squeeze the words out.

This is the second incomprehensible question Du You has heard tonight.

But he does know the literal meaning, so answers, “no.”

Or rather, this is something that has never been on his mind.

You Haoyu turns his head back towards Du You.

He feels like he must make it known.

Otherwise, Du You may never realise how he feels, and, in the process, he will be taken by someone else first.

Even if he were to be rejected, he needs to let him know.

His heart is thumping rapidly from anxiousness, “I——”

Suddenly, a ‘thump’ from the upper floor. Du You wants to go take a look hearing that.

But his arm is dragged, “wait!”

Du You is looking inexplicably at You Haoyu whose voice is trembling.

“I have something to say.”

His ears go red, and his fingers grip more and more tightly.

“I like you.”

The room falls silent.

System [OOOOH!]

Seemingly not content with just one shout, it continues, [OOOOOOOOOOO——!]

It’s practically a hen at the dawn of the mating season.

Du You [Shut up]

The system goes quiet.

You Haoyu’s face is bright, staring unblinkingly at Du You. His fingers are trembling as he awaits his response.

“You just said you like me?”

“Yes.”

“I’m a man.”

“I know.”

Du You is confused, “you said you didn’t like men.”

You Haoyu goes silent.

True, a few months ago, when he misunderstood that Du You was going to take advantage of him, he shamelessly proclaimed that.

But, he has no intention of backing off even if he is getting slaps to his face.

But, before he can reassert his feelings, Du You says, “and, I’m not Xiao Tiantian.”

You Haoyu did not expect to hear that name on such an important occasion.

He says, dragging the words out, “why… do you say that.”

Du You says, “‘Although I don’t like men, Xiao Tiantian is the exception.’ I thought that was the case.”