Chapter 32

Shen Conglomerate, headquarters.

Secretary Dong fixes his collar outside the CEO’s office. Having mentally prepared himself, he knocks on the door.

“Come in.” A response comes from within.

Secretary Dong enters through the door, and sees Shen Chen sitting behind the desk with documents piled up on either side of it. He is typing on the keyboard nonstop and looking at the monitor

“Report.”

“Um,” secretary Dong seems hesitant to speak, “the project with Mr. Fang may also be suspended.”

The typing sound stops, and Shen Chen moves his attention towards his secretary, “the reason.”

“They said the progress has been stalled too long and have looked for a new partnership…”

“…” Shen Chen retracts his gaze, “understood.”

Secretary Dong exits afterwards.

Looking at the email he still hasn’t sent yet, Shen Chen closes his eyes and leans back. Then he opens his eyes upwards, staring at the off-white ceiling.

He hasn’t rested much these days. It’s as if Xiao Tiantian has disappeared from the world with all his traces gone.

The company has suffered hardships as well. Due to the stalled progress on the preliminary stages of the projects, many have been suspended. So, he can only have hire professionals to search for the person and he himself comes back to work.

Though this isn’t that bad yet. The company has seen good and bad days now. Some setbacks now wouldn’t be fundamentally disruptive to it.

Though perhaps because only bad things have been piling up recently, Shen Chen feels more and more tired. When the schedule clears up a bit, he might have to see a doctor.

Time to get back to work.

He sits straight back up, and is about to continue editing the email.

That is when the door gets slammed open. Secretary Dong is rushing back in barely a few minutes after he left.

“Mr. Shen——!”

“What now,” Shen Chen furrows his brows, “again with the projects? You don’t have to report everything to me…”

“No, not that!” The secretary’s face is paler than ever, “someone has hacked into the company system and our files are being retrieved!”

Hearing that, Shen Chen himself twitches.

He reflexively glances at his own computer, only to see that the normal screen just now has suddenly turned black. And in the pure black background floats a rather artistically designed symbol.

“X?” He subconsciously utters the symbol.

“That’s all the computers in the company would show,” the secretary seems scared, “Mr. Shen, what should we do?”

There is a progress bar right underneath the white coloured ‘X’ that seems to represent the number of files stolen. It was at 1% just now, and the next second, it becomes 1.07%.

Shen Chen falls into thought seeing this progress bar.

Secretary Dong tries to urge again, “Mr. Shen…”

“Quiet!”

The secretary shuts up seeing his boss agitated.

Another minute later, the progress bar becomes 1.14%.