Chapter 10

Before he could do anything, Shen Chen pushes him away.

He can’t accept someone doing such an imposing act on him, let alone when that someone is his rival in love.

(Uploader: then why do you do it to someone else who is apparently weaker than you? Aren't you being a hypocrite? As they say, don't do things to others that you don't want to be done to you)

He pulls his sleeves back down and covers up the red marks, “I will listen to you, so act normal.”

Du You does not understand, “was that not normal.”

“Of course not.”

“Then why do you do it.”

(Uploader: burrnnnn, feel the burnnn)

Dragging people away, kabedon, and the chin clamping he didn’t manage to do were the three steps Shen Chen always took.

Shen Chen pauses stupefied upon hearing that. He never did think about something like that, and he can tell he didn’t seem to mean it sarcastically, but rather, genuinely asked that out of curiosity.

It kind of felt as embarrassing as, like, if one took indecent♂books to middle school, hid them, and discover the next day that they have been moved around.

Don’t ask why an old bachelor from a prominent family would have those books. Before the old bachelor was an old bachelor, he has also been through the inquisitive, naïve period that is puberty.

(Uploader: wait what- he wasn't using that as an example? But It actually happened?! WHATTT)

“Xiao Tiantian and I are a couple, that’s why.” Even he doesn’t know why he’s answering this stupid question.

“Didn’t you break up?”

Shen Chen appears grim for a moment and averts his eyes. He speaks after a brief pause.

“… We will get back together.”

“Apologies,” Du You’s face is unreadable, as usual. Add to that the flat tone that makes what he said next feel utterly cold and indifferent

"I cannot allow you two to get back together.”

They’ve wound through the garden path and gone right back to the starting point.

Securing the initiative for himself this time, Shen Chen looks back at him and says

“I really don’t know what you’re thinking about. If you want to compete for Xiao Tiantian’s affection against me then you shouldn’t look for me, but rather that person himself.”

Du You shakes his head.

"I don’t want to compete for him against you.”

Shen Chen does not reply. He doesn’t seem to believe an inch of it, though, if his expression is to be believed.

“If so, then I can only reveal the truth,” taking a step forward, Du You stares right into the man’s eyes

“the reason why you will die if you approach Xiao Tiantian.”

His seriousness also makes Shen Chen’s expression grow gloomier.

Du You then throws a bomb at him, “do you believe in parallel worlds?”

If he just said plainly that this is in a QT novel and everyone is a character in a novel, he will definitely be suspected. So he might as well go with the parallel universe hypothesis.

Shen Chen furrows his brows

"What do you want to say?”

“Xiao Tiantian is from another world. And I, am you from another world myself.”