Chapter 44

After Christmas comes the usual workday.

Qin Ge isn’t at work today. As an intern, his university classes mean he’ll be at work three to four days a week only.

Assistant Xiao is quite happy and feels fulfilled to be serving under CEO Du alone.

Though she could kind of feel that something is bugging him these days.

Like right now – she is on the passenger’s seat while CEO Du is looking up, daydreaming in the back. Normally, if he doesn’t have anything to do, he would always be sleeping or looking at his phone.

She can’t help but ask, “Mr. Du, has something happened?”

Du You turns to her, but does not reply.

“I feel like you seem to be troubled. If you don’t mind, I can be a listener.”

Du You falls into thought for a while, and begins, “someone…”

Seeing her boss willing to open up, the assistant quickly takes out her notebook, ready to record anything of note.

“… said he was going to come play on Christmas Eve.”

Assistant Xiao notes the words ‘Christmas Eve’ as her glasses flash. This is a special day – then the person requesting must also be special.

“Yet when the day came, two other people came.”

Assistant Xiao’s pen pauses as she records the number ‘2.’

“At night, the four of us ate dinner and played games together. It was merry.”

The assistant questions his use of the adjective, really.

“But the next day, that original person seemed down. He said he thought we would be alone, before leaving,” says Du You, “I’m thinking about why he is angry.”

Assistant Xiao closes her notebook, “Mr. Du, have you come to a conclusion yet?”

“Do you want to hear it?”

“If you would like to tell.”

“The night was happy, so he was probably not angry at the other two people…”

Assistant Xiao nods; her boss did seem to have seriously thought about this.

“Bad temper from waking up?”

An immediate jump to conclusions?!

Since Du You seems to have skipped everything, assistant Xiao had him retell everything from the beginning.

Her face turns rather ominous by the end, “Mr. Du, please listen to me.”

Du You nods, seemingly taken aback by the seriousness in her voice.

The car continues along the road as the scenery outside blends together horizontally.

Meanwhile, in Xiao Tiantian’s apartment.

He’s humming a tune while putting on a new flowery set of clothes.

In the living room, the werebeast is curled up in the corner. His head is resting on his arms, deep asleep.

As he doesn’t like wearing clothes, he’s still naked from torso upwards. His shoulder blades extend quite prominently outwards, its contours pleasing to the eye.

Xiao Tiantian can’t help but smile in satisfaction seeing such a heartwarming scene.

His plan is going well.

He brought the man back without accident.

Ryan, from the werebeast world was alert at everything unfamiliar having just apparated in this world, and he is his only source of comfort.