Chapter 46

February was unusually warm this year.

The snow has melted, giving way to an early spring with blooming flora, leaving the cold dead winter behind.

The joint venture of the Shen and Du Conglomerates has made major progress. Today, Shen Chen is scheduled to head off to a meeting there.

It’s scheduled at nine in the morning, so he’s headed there directly from home.

Secretary Dong has been waiting for him downstairs for quite a while now. It almost makes him feel like the boyfriend waiting for the girlfriend to finish with her makeup before a date.

Though, he could hurry his girlfriend but not his boss. He wouldn’t dare.

When he’s about to take a cigarette outside car, CEO Shen is finally here, far behind schedule.

“Morning, Mr. Shen.”

He is dressed just as usual. His hair meticulously brushed up to show his chiselled features. His suit fitting, classy but not showy.

He casually nods before taking his laptop out to start up on work.

A true leader of a company would never waste a second of his time.

Not long after secretary Dong has started the car, he can smell a faint cologne.

It’s so faint that it would definitely be unnoticeable outdoors without being right up against him. They’re in a car though, so he is able to catch its scent.

Wait, CEO Shen had applied cologne?!

His expression freezes.

Nothing wrong with applying cologne, of course, but this is the CEO Shen who never bothers with this stuff. Was today some special day? Or does he have a date?

Secretary Dong sneaks a peek at his boss using the rearview mirror, and realises that not only has he had cologne applied, he’s also wearing a collar pin. And he’s wearing a different watch from his usual one.

Suddenly, Shen Chen raises his head to meet gazes with him in the mirror.

The secretary is surprised, averting his gaze awkwardly.

Shen Chen furrows his brows, “pay attention to the road.”

“Oh, right, I’m sorry!” It’s really dangerous to be distracted when driving. The secretary reflects on himself.

A minute later.

“Does it look weird?”

The secretary, paying close attention to the road, is not able to react promptly, “huh?”

Shen Chen furrows his brows again, “am I dressed weird today?”

“No, no, of course not!”

Shen Chen made a sound of acknowledgement, the meaning unclear.

(Uploader: Confused if wether I should out sound of agreement or sound of indignation/annoyance cuz Shen Shen doesn't seem to be annoyed yet he isn't agreeing either so hm.... This should suffice :P)

The secretary is having cold sweat all over. He will never again try to steal glances at his boss again. It’s really painful if caught.

So he does not notice how his boss has untied his tie and looked at it deep in thought——He should have chosen the other one back then.

It’s fifteen minutes from the meeting, and they’re about five minutes from the Du Conglomerate HQ.

The secretary sighs in front of a red light. His driving was just right, arriving not too early nor too late.