Chapter 2: Lloyd Garmadon and The Princess

A quick chapter before I go to work for the next 9 hours.

---

"Aria come out of the cold dear!"

Almost a year had passed since Aria's 6th birthday, Misako was bringing the children the the Christmas festival in town held the week before the kid's 7th birthday.

"But mama I'm waiting" Aria calls back to her mother

Aria stood out in the snow waiting for her best friend to arrive. She refused to go inside.

"You're gonna get sick" Layla walked out to her daughter "it's freezing"

Aria pouted and was about to head inside when she saw two figures in the distance, one big and one small.

"Lloyd!" Aria shouts and runs out

"Aria!"

Soon Aria ran right into the arms of Lloyd who was knocked back into the snow from the sudden force. The two kids laugh.

"My aren't you energetic today Aria" Misako smiles

"Hi miss Misako" Aria greets

Misako helps pick the two kids up and carries them into the castle. Layla and Misako sit together on the couch as Lloyd and Aria play together on the ground in front of them.

"It's nice that our kids are such good friends" Misako smiles

"Just like us" Layla adds happily

"Lloyd could barely wait to leave today, he kept trying to rush me out the door when he wasn't even ready" Misako laughs

"That's adorable" Layla squeals

"Lloyd look" Aria shows him her drawing

"Who are they?" Lloyd asks staring at her poorly drawn picture

"It's us dummy" Aria replies turning the picture around and looking at it, she pouts "I thought it looked good"

"It does" Lloyd says quickly "I saw wrong, you're so good at drawing"

"Really?!" Aria's face lights up happily

"Y-yeah" Lloyd blushes

"Oh they're so cute" Layla giggles and turns back to Misako "so are you sure you don't mind taking Aria out to the festival? She can be a handful."

"Of course not" Misako reassures her "She'll be perfectly safe with me, don't worry"

"I knew I could count on you" Layla hugs her

-

The next day Misako and Lloyd stood outside with Layla and Aria. Layla was making sure Aria was bundled up.

"Now make sure you're good and if you're missing anything let Misako know and she'll provide you with it" Layla tells her "now I know this is your first time in the town alone so make sure you're careful and-"

"I know mommy don't worry" Aria kisses Layla's cheek "bye bye momma"

"But..." Layla shakes her head and smiles "Have fun dear"

Aria runs over to Misako and Lloyd. Misako and Layla wave to each other before the 3 start their journey to Ninjago. Along the road Aria was amazed to see everything, considering she's never left the palace in a long time.

"Take it" Lloyd says holding out his hand

"Hm?" Aria looks confused "take your hand?"

"Yeah uh" Lloyd blushes "well you know-"

Misako giggles "I think he wants you to hold his hand Aria"

"You want me to hold your hand Lloyd?" Aria asked

"W-Well yeah- so you know.." Lloyd looks away "you don't get lost" he looks back at her embarrassed "That's all!"

"Ok" Aria smiles and takes his hand

Lloyd looks ahead and Misako held back a laugh.

"Mom!" Lloyd looks at her annoyed

"What I didn't say anything?" Misako holds back a laugh again

"Stupid girls" Lloyd mutters

-

They finally arrive in Ninjago City  where the Christmas festival was taking place.

"Wow look at all the lights" Aria says amazed

"They're Christmas lights Aria" Misako looks at her with a smile "pretty right?"

"So pretty" Aria's eyes light up

Misako laughs "come, let's enjoy the festival"

"Alright!" Lloyd cheers "Come on Aria"

Lloyd holds her hand tighter and pulls her through the crowd with Misako following. That night was so much fun.

 That night was so much fun