Chapter 54: The Date

"Sissy!" Zero opens Aria's door "Eh.." he sees her running around "Whatcha doing?"

"Her highness can't decide what to wear," Hanabusa says from beside him

Zero turns to see Hanabusa's arms filled with clothes.

"What's the panic for sissy?" Zero asks

"I'm going out with Lloyd." Aria replies as she throws another outfit on Hanabusa's pile

"Ohhh so you're going on a date." Zero nods "I see."

"It's not a date!" Aria looks at him blushing "We're just hanging out."

"Mhm, how nice of him." Zero smirks

"What do you want?" Aria asks

"Just was coming to find you, should I get your guards ready?" Zero questions

"No that won't be necessary." Aria replies "I'm just going out with Lloyd."

"It's for your safety Empress." Hanabusa chimes in "You don't know what lurks in the city, you must be protected at all times."

Aria turns to look at him "Since when did you get so formal? You've let me sneak out before."

"Yes but your Empress.." Hanabusa looks away "Also cause Kaname chewed me out last time."

"Fine." Aria sighs "Hanabusa you will come with me, that is all."

"But your highness," Hanabusa whines "you said I could have the rest of the day off."

"Well, change of plans." Aria smiles "now get out, I have to change."

The two boys leave the room as Aria finishes preparing for her, not date, hangout. Meanwhile, Lloyd was rushing out of the monastery to their meeting spot.

"I'm so late." Lloyd says to himself as he nears the spot "She's gonna be so mad."

He catches his breath as he reaches her and Hanabusa.

"Lloydie, your late

"Lloydie, your late." Aria tells him nervously

"Sorry." Lloyd apologizes as he stands up "wow" he blushes "you look great."

"Eh" Aria blushes too "Oh thanks."

"N-not that you don't always look great." Lloyd says nervously

Hanabusa holds in a laugh and Aria glares at him.

"What?" Aria asks

"Nothing." Hanabusa looks away

"So," Aria looks back at Lloyd "Where are we going?"

"I thought, we could go dancing?" Lloyd suggests "A new place just opened up that Jay was telling me he and Nya went to, so I thought it would be fun."

"You know I'm trained in dancing right?" Aria questions

"Yeah.. I just thought.." Lloyd thinks to himself

Aria giggles "It sounds fun."

"Then, let's get going." Lloyd held his hand out to her "Your majesty."

Aria takes his hand and he helps her up.

"But that's my job." Hanabusa sulks

During the dance lessons, Lloyd stepped on Aria's foot a couple times before he finally got the hang of it. Afterwards they went out to eat and laughed about it.

"You were like a bull in a china shop," Aria laughs "Have you really never danced before?"

"No, never." Lloyd replies with a laugh

"Nonetheless, it was really fun." Aria smiles "I'm glad we went out today."

"So, a successful first date?" Lloyd questions

"Eh," Aria looks at him "Date?"

"Well.. yeah.." Lloyd looks away shyly "I mean.. kinda.. yes.."

"Then yes.." Aria takes his hand "It was a successful first date."

Lloyd smiles to her and intertwined their fingers "Great, let's go on another soon."

"I'd like that." Aria looks down with a blush

Hanabusa took out his radio and whispered into it "Prince Zero, the guys owe us ten bucks."