Chapter 10: Return of the Overlord

For the past couple of days Layla and the royal guards have been preparing for the worst. Even though prophecy states that the green ninja would destroy the dark lord, it didn't hurt to prepare for if they didn't succeed. 

Aria stood outside with her mother when dark clouds began to loom over Ninjago.

"They failed" Layla stated

"Their's no way" Aria looks at her mother "They have been training for this."

"They are children Aria" Layla walks inside "Everyone prepare to evacuate the citizens!"

Everyone heads outside and looks up into the sky to see a beam of light. The citizens began saying how it must've been the ninja returning and they all looked happy. The Garmatron soon appears from the beam of light and everyone runs away. The Overlord laughs as he infects Ninjago City with Dark Matter.

"Everyone, go!" Layla commands

The royal guards begin to fight with the stone warriors as others attempt to move the citizens to safer places. Aria stood on her balcony watching the commotion, Hanabusa was guarding her door.

"So, I'm just supposed to sit here?" Aria asks him

"That is what the Empress ordered." Hanabusa replies "We can't have the Overlord meet you, he doesn't know he has a child."

"So what?!" Aria looks at him furiously "What if something happens to mother?"

"Then the power will pass to the Emperor" Hanabusa makes her sit on her bed "Understand it's for your safety your highness."

Aria looks out her window before sighing.

"You're not like your mother or the ninja" Hanabusa kneels in front of her "Your powers have awakened but you've shown no sign of being able to use them, there's nothing you can do until you've been properly trained."

"...my father would tell me" Aria mutters

"You don't even know your father!"  Hanabusa stands up "He's not a good man, once he finds out he has a successor he would do everything in his power to make you into him. You're a good person princess, you don't want to become him."

Aria stands up and looks out the window, all the citizens have turned dark, and her mother was nowhere to be seen. Aria looked down and slammed the doors shut.

"Your highness..." Hanabusa looked sad at the pitiful girl

"I have to see him" Aria walked towards Hanabusa "Please, I need to see my father."

"You can't" Hanabusa shakes his head

"Fine" Aria sat on her bed "I want to be left alone... please"

Hanabusa bows and walks out the door. Aria quietly walked back to her balcony and opened the doors. She looks up to see her father now in his true form, a dragon. He was shooting dark matter at a small dragon and a mech.

Aria looks back at her bedroom door before walking out onto the balcony. She jumped onto the large tree nearby and climbed down.

"Sorry Hanabusa, Mother," Aria began to run through the forest "I need to see him."

As the Stone Warriors move to the tower they begin firing at the ninja. Once they all arrived at the tower Aria snuck past them and ran halfway up the stairs, she turned and stood there watching. The Green Ninja's mech landed where the stone warriors were and began fighting them.

"Time to bring out the big buttons" Lloyd slashes at a group of Stone Warriors "Ninja—" The mech's arm gets shot off.

Aria looks over to see evilized Nya laughing and keeps shooting at the mech until it falls over. With the Green Ninja pinned down, the Ninja jump off the Ultra Dragon to fend off the advancing Stone Army. 

"...It's now or never" Aria rushes up the stairs to her father.

She stood in front of the large black dragon who glared daggers at the young girl in front of him. The Overlord stared at the girl who seemed afraid of him, she was no ninja, so why was she here.

"Speak girl, who are you?"

"...I'm Aria" she replies hesitantly

"Why have you come here?"

"I'm..." Aria draws a breath "Layla's daughter..." she hesitates before continuing "Your daughter."

The Overlord's eyes seem to widen, he stares at the little girl more closely. She truly did look just like his ex-wife.

"And just what makes you think you're my daughter?"

"10 years ago, before your mortal body withered away, you saw my mother?!" Aria questions desperately "I have these powers! I can't control them!"

"Power"

The Overlord moved closer, and Aria moved back in fear. He stared into her eyes and soon her body became just a glow to him, and he could see her power inside.

"That woman kept you after all... hahaha"

"Father?" Aria looks confused

"Perfect"

Aria looked confused before the Overlord lunged forward, mouth wide open. She screamed before all went black, her own father, had consumed her.