Chapter 9: The Last Voyage

Aria stood on the shore looking out into the sea. Dark clouds loomed over a newly formed island, the Dark Island. For as long as she could remember it's been her and her mother, she had never even met her father.

"Are you ok?" Lloyd sat beside her

"I'm worried about Ninjago." Aria replies

"Me and the ninja will protect everyone." Lloyd assures her "But that's not what I meant. I want to know if you're ok."

"I'm alright, I'm worried about you." Aria looks at Lloyd "I just got you back, I don't want to loose you again. Having to fight your father for the sake of Ninjago isn't something every kid has to go through."

"This is something I've been preparing for ever since I became the Green Ninja." Lloyd tells her "To be honest I'm scared, but if it means keeping the ones I care about safe, it's just something I have to do."

Aria let's out a light laugh "I've never heard you so serious before, the little boy driven to be just like his father, has become his own person."

"We've grown wiser over the years" Lloyd nods "I look forward to what comes after this is all over."

"You mean like our marriage." Aria reminds him

"...oh shit" Lloyd looks off into the sea

"You forgot?" Aria moves her head in front of him

"A bit yeah.. I'm betrothed to the princess of Ninjago" Lloyd shakes his head "When I was a kid I didn't even fully realize I was at the palace."

"You'll get use to it." Aria leans back onto her hands "I don't remember the last time I was able to come here, I've always played the role of the pretty princess."

"It seems we both have been born into a role we can't escape." Lloyd says

"You have no idea." Aria replies being drawn to the island.

"Lloyd!" Jay waves to him "We're ready."

"You'll come back right?" Aria asks

"Well.." Lloyd looks at her "We got a lot to talk about still don't we."

Everyone cheers as the Bounty departs. The ninja all wave to everyone and Lloyd watched Aria sadly.

"Jay! Did you make sure to pack clean underwear?!" Edna shouts

"Yes, mom!" Jay shouts and everyone laughs at him.

-

Aria and the citizens returned to the city where the royal guards were already dispatched to clean up.

"Princess!" Hanabusa runs at her

"Hanabusa" Aria smiles seeing her personal guard.

"You're unharmed" Hanabusa kneels in front of her "that's great."

"What about mom?" Aria asks

"Her Majesty is alright, she is waiting for me to return with you." Hanabusa replies as he stands up

Aria watches as the civilians began to return to their homes and clean up. Aria nods and follows Hanabusa back to the palace where Layla was standing outside waiting.

"Mother!" Aria runs and hugs her

"You found Wu, thats good" Layla hugs her daughter

"Do you think the ninja will succeed?" Aria asks

"Well" Layla sighs "We'll just have to wait and see."