Chapter 5: A Mysterious Illness

"Mommy it hurts" Aria whines

About a month had passed since Aria was with her uncle and the ninja. She had awoken one night with a terrible fever. Layla held her daughter's hand as the royal advisor Clouse used his dark arts to look into the mysterious fever.

"This doesn't make sense" Layla looks at Clouse "She was fine earlier, now she's burning up."

"Perhaps certain events are being set into motion" Clouse suggests

Layla shakes her head "No, that's impossible, she's only a child. Her body can't contain it."

"That is why she is burning up your Majesty" Clouse tells her "The child's body can't contain the powers that are awakening."

"Mommy" Aria cries

"Oh, my little star" Layla puts her hand on Aria's face "It'll be ok" she looks at Clouse "What do we do?"

"We must get Tomorrow's Tea, an older body will be able to contain it compared to a 10-year old's," Clouse tells her

"I can't take her childhood from her" Layla shakes her head "Their must be another way."

"Would you rather the child die?" Clouse questions

"...we're going" Layla stands up

"Mommy don't leave me" Aria reaches out to her weakly

"I'll be back as fast as I can, I promise" Layla cries and turns to Hanabusa "Watch over her."

"Of course, I will" Hanabusa nods

Layla and Clouse quickly leave the palace and head to that place. Clouse waits outside as Layla heads inside.

"Hello!" Layla calls out

"Nobody's here!" a lady calls back

"Mystake!" Layla shouts "It's an emergency!"

Mystake walks out from the back "Oh Layla it's you."

"Mystake please, I need Tomorrow's Tea" Layla says desperately "It's for my daughter, she-"

"I know" Mystake holds out a bag "I have been expecting you."

"You have?" Layla takes the bag

"It seems the time is approaching, when one's destiny is set in motion as is the other." Mystake tells her "Now go, quickly! The young lord is falling behind."

"Thank you Mystake" Layla smiles before rushing out

-

Aria whines as she opens her eyes, she put her hand in front of her face, shielding herself from the sun's rays.

"It's so bright" Aria stands up

"Princess!" her maids rush to her

"You're awake"

"Thank goodness"

"Where's mother?" Aria asks

"She is downstairs, Hanabusa is waiting for you"

Aria dismisses her maids and picks up the dress laid out for her; she recognized it as her mother's. She looked down at the ground and things seemed strange. After changing she walked to the dresser and screamed.

"Princess what's wrong?!" Hanabusa rushes in

"Hanabusa" Aria looks at him

"What happened to me!?" Aria freaks out

"Your mother will explain" Hanabusa holds his hand out to her "come"

Aria took his hand, the servants all stared and whispered as Hanabusa led her to her mother.

"Aria!" Layla rushes to her and hugs her "It worked, you're awake."

"Mother what happened?" Aria asks freaked out "Why am I older? I'm- I'm-"

"You're 16" Layla led her daughter to the couch, and they sat down "I'm sorry my daughter, I have a lot to explain."

"Mom, what's going on?" Aria asks

"Aria, I lied about your father being dead." Layla began "He's alive."