Chapter 16: Versus

At the palace, an Anacondrai Cultist is serving the Elemental Masters their food.

"Nu-uh. Nothing for you" one refused to give Garmadon biscuits

Garmadon turned to Lloyd "There's a valuable lesson here, son. If you turn your back on your first evil Sensei in an effort to go straight..."

"Next!"

" ...you may not be served creamy biscuits" Garmadon finished

The ninja move in the line.

"Well, I know what we are being served. A whole bunch of baloney. This isn't a fighting tournament. It's an alibi for Chen to steal everyone's powers. But we still don't know why" Lloyd says

"Well isn't it obvious?" Kai questions "Chen wants to destroy New Ninjago City. I don't know what it is, but that place has had a string of bad luck"

"I'm not so sure. From what Sensei G's told us about him, I have a feeling it's something far more sinister" Cole suggests

"And may I remind us, we still don't know where Zane is, which is why we all need to take care of our first rounds to give us more time" Jay adds "But don't look at me. I've already moved on"

"Your opponent got himself kicked out" Cole says annoyed

"Hehe, either way, it's my day off" Jay turns to the Cultist "Extra creamy biscuits. And don't skimp"

They start walking away from the line. Jay and Cole start arguing about something again. Lloyd sighs

"The tournament will test them, Lloyd. Either find a way for them to make peace, or neither of them will move on" Garmadon says

Chen came on the intercom "The tournament of Elements continues. Fun time! Would the following Masters please make their way to their assign arena? Speed, Gravity, Smoke, Nature, Mind, oh, and last and hopefully not least... Fire! Remember, only one can remain."

Everyone sat in the arena to watch the different fights. The first fight was Turner, Master of Speed, versus Gravis, Master of Gravity. Turner, the master of speed, won. The next fight was Neuro, Master of Mind, versus Bolobo, Master of Nature. Neuro, the master of mind, won. Finally it was time for the last match, which Kai won.

Back in the palace, Chen laughs as he watches his Kabuki perform for him. The Ninja approach the Elemental Masters, who are gathered around the bracket.

"What's all the commotion?" Jay questions and they gasp when they see Cole and Jay on the same bracket.

"No, he can't do this" Cole says angrily

"But why does it say I have to fight Cole?" Jay asks "It didn't say that before. I'm not ready to fight. It was supposed to be my day off"

"Is there a problem, Ninja?" Clouse questions as he approached them

"You cheated!" Cole shouts "You changed the brackets"

"Oopsie" Clouse laughs and walks away.

"What do we do?" Lloyd asks "They can't fight each other. We came here to become whole, not fall further apart"

"You can't undo what's been done. My only advice is to be at peace with it" Garmadon suggested

"Peace? One of us has to lose! Oh, my gosh. It's totally gonna be me. He's got super strength and what do I have? Quick, tell me! What do I have!?" Jay shouts

"Don't listen to my dad. We find Zane then none of us have to battle" Lloyd says "Your fight isn't until tonight so we still have time to figure out what Chen's up to and stop this"