Chapter 55: Would You Like to Enter Prime Empire?

"Zero!" Aria calls from her study

She had been up to her neck in paperwork all day.

"Zero!" Aria called again

"I think he's in the game room, your highness," Hanabusa tells her as he passes the door

Aria sighs, she gets up and makes her way to the room. Zero was playing one of the many arcade games they had in the room.

"Zero." Aria gets his attention

"Huh," Zero looks at her "Oh hey sissy, whatcha need?"

"A little help would be great." Aria walks over to him "I've been stuck at my desk all day, I'm so tired."

"Running an Empire is hard work, why else did you think mom didn't want to do anything?" Zero jokes

"Come on Zero," Aria grabs his arm "Mom not doing anything is the exact reason I'm in trouble here."

"Alright alright." Zero steps away from the game "Look, if your so stressed take a break, why don't you play?"

"Zero, I'm Empress." Aria sighs "I can't afford to play games, I haven't even made it through half of mom's mess ups."

"Empresa Aria," Kaname enters the room "The Ninja are investigating the crooks they just caught."

"Great," Aria replies

Kaname bows before leaving. After a bit a power surge flows through the city and all the video games change, it's replaced with a game called Prime Empire.

"What the heck?" Aria turns and looks at it

"That looks cool." Zero approaches it

"Wait, all the games are like that." Aria grabs his arm

"Well, no harm and testing it out." Zero begins playing

Aria stands by and watches. 30 minutes go by and Zero reaches level 13. The game suddenly speaks "Would you like to enter Prime Empire?"

Zero selects yes, a bright light shines and the game itself opens.

"..this.. seems like a problem." Zero says stepping away "I'm going to go get Kaname!"

Aria stares at the game as Zero runs out of the room.

"hm" Aria looks around before walking over to it "well, it beats more work!"

Aria enters the game and it shuts close behind her. She walks into this futuristic city game world and walks around in awe.

"This is so cool!"

"Jay?" Aria looks around for him

"Hey!" Jay runs over to her "Empress Aria, what are you doing here?!"

"Escaping from my life" Aria replies "what are you doing here?"

"Well I powered up this old video game machine and then 13 levels later here I am" Jay explains

Aria giggles then puts her hand on his shoulder "thank you for being a fuck up"

"ouch" Jay replies before laughing

"What?" Aria asks confused

Jay laughs "I suppose it's a little strange being here with you and not the ninja."

"speaking of them" Aria looks around "where are they?"

"they're not here, I walked in alone" Jay replies "they weren't in the room when I was playing"

"figures" Aria sighs and faces him "well, we're here, might as well enjoy it"

"Right" Jay says excitedly "so.. wanna team up?"

"heh" Aria smirks "think you can keep up with me?"

"mhm" Jay smirks determined

"let's go then!" Aria heads in a direction

"wait up!" Jay follows after her

Aria laughs "this is gonna be so cool!"