Shy

A/N: Enid x Reader

Summary: Y/n is the new girl at Nevermore and isn't very talkative toward anyone, when Enid meets her, she tries to open her up and the more Enid tries to talk to her, Y/n begins to open up. Both of them progressively falling for one another. Only for Enid to realise that Y/n only speaks with her, and no one else.

HERE WE GO!

________________________________________________________________________________

Y/n's POV:

I'm with my mom and my dad in my new school named Nevermore, I'm sitting in the middle chair while my parents are talking to Principle Weems. She is looking through my reports at my last school and I notice her hum in content and shut it over, looking at me and offering a smile. Her eyes move to my parents.

"These grades are very impressive, I have to admit." Weems confesses, offering a bittersweet smile that is kinda creepy. I feel my dad pat my back and I glance over at him to see him smiling.

"She's always been really smart academically." My dad informs Weems, looking over at her and I look down at my thighs, wanting to laugh. I don't revise, I struggle a lot academically, I just don't know how I get good grades. It gets to the period of the test or exam and I somehow just manage to relax and write, my brain being completely shut off and my hand writes that leads to A's and some B's.

"It's very impressive." My mom butts in and I stay quiet, itching the side of my cheek and wanting to walk out of this stupid room and out of this stupid school. I don't want to be here, I don't want to go here but of course, my parents don't care. I hate it. And I hate this place already.

"Well, normally, we wouldn't accept students mid-year but because of your bright grades and brilliant resume, me - and the school board - have decided that we shall make an exception." Weems explains, my parents patting my on the back and offering bittersweet smiles like I am supposed to be happy with this decision. "Now, beforehand, I noticed that you wrote something about her being quite introverted, will that affect class participation, Y/n?" Weems asks me, looking directly at me. I know my parents, they want me to say 'No' but I am not going to lie.

"I won't lie, yes, it probably will the first couple of months. But that doesn't mean I won't try my best." I answer, truthfully, noticing her begin to smile.

"I like someone who is honest." Weems expresses to me, I clench my jaw and my eyes fall to the floor. "I am going to assign you someone who will give you a tour of Nevermore and take you to get your timetable as well as your school clothes, I hope you fit in well here and I wish you the best of luck." Weems expresses to me, standing up and opening the door, I stand up and follow after her, ignoring my parents goodbye wishes as I know I will see them after the tour and change into my uniform. "Enid." I hear her call to see a bright coloured girl with a beautiful smile, white hair with different coloured tips at the ends of her hair approaching by— skipping?

"Howdy!" Enid greets me, smiling widely and holding her hands in front of her, I return the smile, shortly, and quickly look at the floor.

"Enid, this is our new student, Y/n L/n. Y/n," Weems pauses, so I look over at her and see her beckon her hand toward Enid who is extending her arms. "this is Enid Sinclair, one of our brightest." She informs me, I look at Enid's arms that are extended and see her still smiling. How can someone be so happy?

"Welcome to Nevermore, Y/n!" Enid welcomes, leaning forward to hug me. I let her hug me and move one arm around her hesitantly while she squeezes softly before pulling away and having a more content smile.

"Enid, will you please show our new student around Nevermore and take her to the office to retrieve her clothes and dorm room key." Weems orders her to do, politely. Enid nods her head, looking up at Weems.