Dorky

A/N: Emma x Reader

Summary: Y/n is new to the office and when she starts getting to know someone who works at the office, they quickly become more than friends.

INSPO: The Office, Erin

HERE WE GO!

________________________________________________________________________________

Y/n's POV:

"I'm the new receptionist, my name is Y/n. I like animals a lot, I think they're cute. Especially monkeys, I really like monkeys." I comment, glancing away from the camera as I begin to think about monkeys. "Um, I... I like movies too. I'm open to any kinda movies, I like 'em all— well the ones I've watched so far. Foster care didn't have a lot of TVs or movie selection." I confess to the camera, smiling softly and nodding my head.

***

I sit at my desk, typing away on my laptop, pretending to be busy. I glance over at the printer to see a girl using the printer and printing in colour. Hm.

"Hi." They greet me, noticing me staring. I stand, waving.

"Oh, hi. Uh, hey. I—I was just wondering why you're printing in colour." I express to her, pointing at the paper, confused, with my eyebrows raised in suspicion.

"Well... It's for the party."

"What party?" I ask, grinning from ear-to-ear.

"The..." I notice her glance away, then back at me. "The party, the christmas party. It's why we're all dressed up." She tells me, I hum, nodding my head and backing away.

"I just thought it was an average Wednesday." I comment, before turning to my chair and looking into Michael's office to see him dressed as Santa Clause. I sit down, going back to typing away on my computer, grinning, glad to finally know why people are dressed up.

*****

Emma's POV:

"So, there's this new girl in the office: Y/n. I think she's cute. I mean, I don't know much about her but I think she's really cute." I confess to the camera, nodding my head as I smile, glancing at her through the window. "I think that now that she knows we celebrate christmas pretty well here that she's really into it! " I continue to say, smiling widely.

I leave the conference room and join back in the office, heading over to my desk and looking at Y/n. She has her eyebrows furrowed and her tongue slightly sticking out as she does something.

I wonder what she's doing.

The phone at the reception desk rings and I continue to watch, slowly smiling as she continues to stare at something intriguing.

"Um... Y—Y/n, that's the phone." Andy points out to her, snapping her attention away from her laptop.

"Oh, cool." She says, excitedly, smiling and nodding her head. We all look and watch as she immediately looks away and doesn't answer.

"Um, Y/n, honey, you need to answer the phone." I say, noticing multiple people glance at me in slight surprise. I don't really talk that much but when I do, I mostly get shut down.

"Oh! Okay, okay, I got it." Y/n responds, answering the phone. A sigh of relief echoes throughout the office as she answers the phone and then hangs up after saying goodbye to the person on the line. "I transferred them through to Michael!" She says, excitedly. We all cheer for her.

"I'm glad you're getting the hang of pressing the button, it's really difficult to press down sometimes." Pam comments, nodding her head and smiling softly.